Thread: SportDog collars??

Default SportDog collars??

How are the SportDog e-collars? Specifically the 425x WetlandHunter. I'm researching e-collars and I think that one has everything I want. Just don't know about quality and such.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Good collars in my opinion, I've used them while training squirrel dogs. Had one for about 8yrs until I lost the remote.
    Batteries seemed to last about 3yrs for me but they are replaceable and use a telephone battery.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Ive had two for over 5 years . I don't need anymore bells and whistles .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

I've never owned a Sportdog but I've got 3 Dogtra units that i've been nothing but happy with. I really like the Dogtra ARC's slim design for hunting.

Outstanding customer service also, they stand behind their product.

I can vouch for their customer service on both the sport dog and petsafe line (which are owned by the same company.)

I've been using the Sport Dog 425 for the past 6 years and I've got nothing but good things to say about em
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

I had tritronics 8-9 years ago when we had our lab. Swore I would never change but I switched to sportdog when I got a really good deal on one through a local dog trainer. I love it. Ease of use and very durable. My Boykin has put it through the ringer and back
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Also the charge seems to last forever on the collar. Just looked it up and I have the 425 field trainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I have had what is the equivalent of the 1825 wetland hunter collar for approximately fifteen years. The reason I'm saying its the equivalent is because I don't remember which one I have, I just know its got a mile range and its camouflaged. I had that collar since 2004. In 2003, a couple of engineers left another company to form Sportdog, and the following year, the guys I trained with all switched to Sportdog.

The only thing that has ever broken on my collar is a metal swivel on the neck lanyard and the vinyl collar that holds the "stimulator" on the dog's neck. The swivel rusted and holes in the collar just wear out.

The collar is easy to use, they've got good customer service, and the product is competitively priced. There's nothing not to like.

I had a Tri Tronics for years. I have two sport dogs now and love them.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Get a Dogtra.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    Get a Dogtra.
    Why??
    The one that everyone seems to have, ARC, doesn't have a "tone only" feature, which I want.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I've got the sport dog contain+train (425 collar) on both my GSP's and love it. I like having them in the underground fence (1acre) then I can pull them out and go hunting without changing or adding collars. Sport dogs customer service is great also, I had a collar go bad after about a year and a half, they sent me another in mail no questions asked.
    Last edited by stgswampstomper; 01-15-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    Why??
    The one that everyone seems to have, ARC, doesn't have a "tone only" feature, which I want.
    Never trust anything a boykin owner tells you.

I’ve used the wetland hunter for the last 8 years. Zero issues.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.