Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High Tide speed?

20" transom

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...uper-V-project

15" transom is obviously 5" lower....you will know immediately by looking at it
    Last edited by FishSticker; 12-21-2018 at 06:16 PM.

You will like that boat. I had one and sold it I wish I still had it. I put a jack plate on mine so the motor would kick up easy. It set the motor further back on the boat so the front sat high in the water so I got two 25 lbs bags of lead number 8 bird shot and set them as far forward in the nose of that boat as I could. It leveled it out made that boat ride so much better I could not believe it.

Ok I measured and it is 21".. so looks like a need a long shaft. Thanks for that help.. now if anyone is selling a cheap 40hp long shaft after duck season is over let me know

Post up a picture or two of your new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here ya go ! It might have already been on the site before, I am working with stumpknocker on some camo options for the outside. I got it without the motor, I figured after season people will be dumping their old motors and upgrading so it might be a good time to pick one up.

boat.JPG
    Last edited by duckz; 12-22-2018 at 10:48 AM.

Tall transom boat. Find u a nice 40 and youll be golden
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

How important is tilt/trim on this boat ? I have never had it on previous boats so I am apt to say that I don't care, but maybe someone who has had this boat can help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by duckz View Post
    How important is tilt/trim on this boat ? I have never had it on previous boats so I am apt to say that I don't care, but maybe someone who has had this boat can help me out.
    You want t/t....

Yes tilt and trim. You can always by an aftermarket set up. So dont let it be a deal breaker.

Nice looking boat!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Keep it tan man.

So I have been looking around at 40hp motors but I have seen some decent deals on a 50hp. The boat says max hp of 40hp but I’ve heard some of y’all say you have had higher than 40hp. How dangerous is going higher than 40hp? And does it matter between a two stroke or four stroke to whether or not I should go higher hp?

A four stroke is going to be significantly heavier than a two stroke. HP ratings are to cover the manufaturers’ asses, as long as you can handle the higher hp it’s fine. And 10hp difference will not be too much to handle.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Default High Tide speed?

Coast guard rates boat horsepower based on length and width to get a hp-factor then refer to a chart to calculate horsepower ratings. I personally believe an underpowered boat is more dangerous than having extra power. Also that being said 2 stroke 40’s are de-tuned 50hp motors, so no difference weight wise
    Last edited by Gone South; 12-28-2018 at 06:12 PM.

I had one stump painted nat gear that was great. I had a 2 stroke 50 on it which seemed like a good fit.

Good job on getting the tall transom
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 12-28-2018 at 08:20 PM.

Say I find a great deal on a 25hp.. yes I know it’s “slow”.. but are there any brands / models that I could get and upgrade over time to get more speed?

If you get a good deal on a 25hp, I would just run it with that motor and keep saving for a bigger motor. Should be able to get your money back out of the 25hp if you don’t pay too much on front end. With it being a smaller, tiller motor, nothing to changing it out. That would get you on the water quicker.
    Last edited by wbrown609; 12-29-2018 at 10:07 PM.

Yea that’s kind of my thought process. I want to get using this thing starting in the spring so if I only have enough for a 25ho then maybe go into it with the plan to sell later on after I use it for a little while.

:shakes head:

I would buy the correct motor the first time, wil save frustration and money.

Put a 90 tiller on it and have some fun
    Last edited by SouthernWake; 12-30-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    :shakes head:
    Painful ain’t it
    867-5309