Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    What kind of wild ducks do they kill on the Black River?
    They get a little bit of everything in Ramsey grove, but it's a lot of wood ducks, teal, ringnecks and gadwall. They used to kill a bunch of wigeon as well but I'm not sure about this year.

I know one of the guys that takes hunters out in there and it's pretty tough to get a random person in there for a hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    The house was cleaned out at SCR a few years back, because it was found out that the guys were using state equipment to run crab pots and catch shrimp and fish to sell. Doesn't matter to me, because I'd be willing to bet that the techs do not get paid much at all. I think it wouldn't have been anything said, if they hadn't been selling their catch, or using their own boats. And it could've been that someone higher up wasn't happy with the crew down there, and looked for something to use to get rid of them.
    They don’t. Kind of hard to make a truck payment, student loan payments, and pay rent when you make under $30k a year with a B.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I would like to know how it works on a daily basis? Does he have a list for the day or is it basically same executives going every hunt?

I really enjoyed going SCR when Bill and Shorty were there. Might of been where I met Trad.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I would like to know how it works on a daily basis? Does he have a list for the day or is it basically same executives going every hunt?

I really enjoyed going SCR when Bill and Shorty were there. Might of been where I met Trad.
    SCR hasn't been the same since Bill left. We got drawn the year he had to come back to fill in because the new guy was run off for spending money he wasn't supposed to. This is a picture of our hunt that year.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Good times indeed! Some great archery hunting back in the day. Noticed this year the season/hunts had been altered from what I remember, maybe it has been this way for years and I just now noticed.
    Low country redneck who moved north

I know nothing about Ramsey Grove other than what I could piece together from reading this thread. I am 100% sure I will never set foot on the place, ever. I have hunted the Cat 1 draw hunts off and on for many years and the decline is evident at all of the ones I have visited. These include SCR, Santee Delta, and Bear Island. The state should not gain control of Ramsey Grove.

The decline of our Cat 1 properties is just a sympton of the larger problems within the DNR and state government as a whole.