Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muschamp to receive a raise and extension.

Default Muschamp to receive a raise and extension.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...223207080.html

Several members of South Carolina’s football coaching staff, including head coach Will Muschamp, will be rewarded Tuesday for their work in the Gamecocks’ 2018 season.

Muschamp’s contract, along with those of Gamecocks offensive coordinator Bryan McClendon, defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and quarterbacks coach Dan Werner, will be discussed Tuesday by the executive and governance committee of the USC Board of Trustees. Muschamp, whose contract currently runs through 2023, is expected to receive an extension. He was paid $4.2 million in 2018 and already is slated to receive annual raises of $200,000 through the 2023 season.

South Carolina finished 7-5 in Muschamp’s third season, and athletics director Ray Tanner indicated to The State after the final game of the regular season that Muschamp might be rewarded for another above .500 season.

“I don’t want to be in a situation where I worry about him leaving. I’ll just leave it at that,” Tanner said then. “I really respect and admire the way that coach Muschamp runs his program. We are doing very well in football.”

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/sports/coll...#storylink=cpy

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    " We are doing very well in football.”
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Content with mediocre, that’s the 5akkerliner we all know. Don’t worry boys, I’m sure you’ll beat Clemson in the next 20 years with that mindset. $4.2 million/yr with guaranteed increases of $200k/yr to be mediocre, who negotiated that deal, Obama or Kerry?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ray Tanner is the best thing that's happened to Clemson football in a long, long time.

Already under contract through 2023 but going to give him an extension? May be Par for the course but makes no sense to me. If you want to give him a raise, so be it but don’t extend it.

When muschamp was hired, i asked the inlaws why they would hire a 6-6 coach. Play that marshall game instead of akron and thats what usc would be. I want usc to be successful, i really do. But their last 3 coaches have included 2 has beens and now a never was. I just dont understand it. Are gamecock fans really happy with a mediocre season and a belk bowl appearance?

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    Already under contract through 2023 but going to give him an extension? May be Par for the course but makes no sense to me. If you want to give him a raise, so be it but don’t extend it.
    This. Clearly he isn't on anyone's short list.

The only other argument I can see is that players and assistant coaches don't want to go to a program where the guy is on a year to year contract. But 2023 is more than enough to cover that.

Early Christmas gift! Thanks Ray.....

Rewarding mediocrity...

You'll have this when you have a baseball coach playing AD....all he is doing is negotiating AGAINST himself and/or his future position....

Bet Swinney Jr is happy as hell about this move.

Need to revise my 10 in a row prediction, it may be longer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    This. Clearly he isn't on anyone's short list.

The only other argument I can see is that players and assistant coaches don't want to go to a program where the guy is on a year to year contract. But 2023 is more than enough to cover that.
    you dumbasses understand that raises his buyout right?
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Moose843 View Post
    When muschamp was hired, i asked the inlaws why they would hire a 6-6 coach. Play that marshall game instead of akron and thats what usc would be. I want usc to be successful, i really do. But their last 3 coaches have included 2 has beens and now a never was. I just dont understand it. Are gamecock fans really happy with a mediocre season and a belk bowl appearance?
    you're delusional if you think South Carolina would be 6-6 had they played marshall. The same team that torched Clemson's elite defense?
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

You mad bro?
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Y’all are some dumb m fers.

You extend him so he is guaranteed to be there when the class of 2019 graduates in 4 yrs... this giving him credibility with recruits.

I swear some of y’all act like my 8 yr old daughter

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    You mad bro?
    Oh he big mad.....

You have to extend guys nowadays because holier than thou guys like Daybo go in and tell recruits that they won't be there when they graduate.

Yeah recruits do not see buyouts happen every year. Who is going to swoop in and steal Muschamp?

Hell yeah, this coach’ll be there when you graduate to assure you played for a shitty team. Awesome strategy.

If you mouth breathers would look at his work history, you'd clearly see that he has never wanted for a job in the SEC or for that matter the NFL. Better be worrying about the Catholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Raid View Post
    If you mouth breathers would look at his work history, you'd clearly see that he has never wanted for a job in the SEC or for that matter the NFL. Better be worrying about the Catholics.
    Clemson fans are as happy as can be with him, hell IPTAY may contribute to his raise next year just to keep him around. Stellar hire IMO.