Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Waterfowling

Sounds like that boy needs a good smack to the head to remind him where his ears are and how to use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I too like talking at the ramp. The badass duck hunter facade is just silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I think the availability of social media and or YouTube lead people to believe that a lot of activities are much easier than they actually are. People watch all these edited time lapsed videos shot from a drone of a boat driving off into the marsh or timber then skip to a shot of them killin ducks over decoys that are cuppin in. I've learned a ton from how to videos on youtube whether it be boat building, woodworking, or cooking but nothing is ever as simple as they make it look. A bunch of companies put out these videos because it sells the activity which sells their merchandise. I see a lot of fly fishing videos like this as well. Yeti is a big one that comes to mind.

It's unfortunate that it's the world we live in today. I'm not saying in every case but I blame the parents. As a father of 3 (2 daughters and a son), there has never been a time when I didn't insist on being at every baseball game, every cheerleading event, every competition, every chorus event, etc. Seeing my kids grow up and being involved in every facet of their lives has been one of the best things in my life. Many parents have become complacent and it's all about self gratification. Many are not "raising" there children. As this all pertains to the "the cool thing".....duck hunting....they buy the latest duck boat, jacked up truck, and the best shotgun and send them off. They are not willing to take time away from "their" life to teach them and spend quality time with them. The stuff that at the end of the day, really matters. A parent should never be too busy to spend time with their kids. It's those times that lay the foundation of life after mom and dad...adulthood. The problems most of us have had with duck hunting the last several years is not a "duck hunting" problem, it's a parental problem. Just my opinion.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHunter95 View Post
    I am new to the site, this is my first post. But anyway, it seems to me that a lot of people are still stuck in the "Good Ole Days" that our fathers and grandfathers talk about. Unfortunately, those days are gone. Yes, you do have rubberheads and wannabees around every corner in this state. Yes, its hard to deal with, but in reality being a good waterfowl hunter is about adapting and over coming is it not? You get out what you put in. If you expect to go to the same spot you hunted 20 years ago and kill birds every time (on public water), your more than likely going to be disappointed more times than not. It takes lots of scouting, early mornings and respect to other hunters to be successful these days. Its honestly disturbing seeing hunters talk shit on here about other hunters and blaming them on there unsuccessful morning.
    I think you may have missed the point of the OP. Anybody that ducks hunts in this state knows that the ducks aren't here like they used to be in the "ol days". The problem is that lack of respect and the lack of knowledge. No the lack of ducks. It almost seems like you're defending what the OP actually had a problem with........and it wasn't not killing any ducks.
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by DuckorBust View Post
    I think you may have missed the point of the OP. Anybody that ducks hunts in this state knows that the ducks aren't here like they used to be in the "ol days". The problem is that lack of respect and the lack of knowledge. No the lack of ducks. It almost seems like you're defending what the OP actually had a problem with........and it wasn't not killing any ducks.
    This sounds like a post that you could have seen here the second day we went live. Before that you could have heard it at Battens Store any Saturday from about 1980 on.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    I will never quit. I just will complain about it every once in a while. I can’t imagine what else I’d rather be doing this time of year.
    Giving a back Snatch I mean scratch

Labs are silver now . I hate people .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

^ha.
    my 13 yr old daughter was laughing at that over the weekend. we passed a really light colored yellow and she said "I bet they call that dog a white lab. Poor dog...."

I wonder where she gets it from....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

There are haves and have nots. The have nots will always be a thorn in the side of the haves.
    Immediately some of you will think I am talking about physical belongings. Truth of the matter is some people are good at hunting and some are not. Just like some people play professional sports and some are just doing well to be alive. There have always been people that weren't good hunters, but at least there was some form of respect for the fellow man. The issue has more to do with where society is heading than it does with ducks.
    Last edited by BRR; 12-18-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    A bunch of companies put out these videos because it sells the activity which sells their merchandise.
    Shame these companies have to bastardize my favorite hobby. They make the profits, we pay the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    ^ha.
    my 13 yr old daughter was laughing at that over the weekend. we passed a really light colored yellow and she said "I bet they call that dog a white lab. Poor dog...."

I wonder where she gets it from....
    You saying your daughter's an asshole too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Do you folks realize how many people move into SC every day? Charleston - 30. Horry County - 50. Beaufort - 20. And that's just 3 metropolitan areas. And people wonder why the water is so crowded.

My son is almost 18. He has observed the increase of boats on the water in his short lifetime and it pisses him off. The population growth around Charleston since the year 2000 has increased exponentially.

Oh and he had his life threatened for hunting a marsh South of here on the December opener. Dude who made the threat is a convicted felon. He did collect his first drake pintail though.
    DILLIGAF

I had the day off and driving through Chapin at 2pm looked like rush hour traffic. Atleast 8 cars between me and the red lights. It wasn’t anything like this 10yrs ago and same goes for being on the water

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    You saying your daughter's an asshole too?
    she's a sweet realist.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I don't like seeing people when I hunt or fish. Mostly because people are people, but it takes away the sense of being in the wild.

That's a nice way of putting it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    I haven't bought a duck stamp in 2 years because of things that. Last season when I didn't go broke the streak of 32 consecutive opening mornings.
    Well if you care about waterfowl you could still buy a duck stamp regardless of whether you hunt...98% of that money goes directly to funding the refuge system and waterfowl conservation. I buy two each year.

Go away for a few years, and it’s the same complaints.
    I’ll check back later to see if it changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.