Thread: Prop Work Needed in Columbia

Default Prop Work Needed in Columbia

I hit something running WTFO today, it felt like a pipe or something floating under the surface in about 20 ft of water.
    It didn't seem to hurt the engine at all, still runs and shifts just fine. When I put it on the trailer, I saw my stainless steel Vengeance prop
    has a nice dent in one blade. Who in Columbia can I take it to and have it reworked properly?
    There use to be a prop shop place over in the area behind Mid-Carolina Marine in W Columbia years ago but I heard they were closed.
    Not sure if true
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-16-2018 at 10:59 PM.

Custom Welding / Prop Shop on North Lucas behind Mid-Carolina, they’re still there. Did some work for me this summer.
    Last edited by DuvnDux; 12-16-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by DuvnDux View Post
    Custom Welding / Prop Shop on North Lucas behind Mid-Carolina, they’re still there. Did some work for me this summer.
    excellent and that is who I was looking for
    Thanks

Ecu, call Wilson marine in Newberry. I'm pretty sure they have a guy that can fix it
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Rick, call Cove2Coast and ask for Pat. They sent mine off this summer and fixed it. Took about a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The prop shop did mine a few months ago...$175 to rebuild a $200 prop. But didn't replace the hub(it was fine).

Kinda sucks to bend props...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Drop the prop off at DP Marine in Chapin and Darren will pick up on Thursday and have it back to you in a week. Or drive to Greenwood.
    Seemed like a fair and honest fella when I met him. http://www.darrenspropshop.com/

I forgot to tell you yesterday to watch out on the lake. Heavy rain pushed a ton of trash into the lake as well as shallow humps are just under the water with this huge draw down. Boat and prop repair business will be good this Winter until the lake goes back up.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 12-17-2018 at 08:15 AM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Default Prop Work Needed in Columbia

Drop it off at pretty much any dealer or service center around the lake and Darren will be the guy that picks it up. He’s very reasonable
    Last edited by Gone South; 12-17-2018 at 09:52 AM.

What “gone south “ said. Make sure you tell them to ship it to you after repairs so you’re not down over the holidays waiting on someone to open the doors. Darren does a great job for a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler_Dave View Post
    What “gone south “ said. Make sure you tell them to ship it to you after repairs so you’re not down over the holidays waiting on someone to open the doors. Darren does a great job for a fair price.
    Hi Dave!

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Rick, call Cove2Coast and ask for Pat. They sent mine off this summer and fixed it. Took about a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pat is a good friend of mine. He most likely sent it to Steve at Custom Welding.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.