Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Directv

Default Directv

So I remember quite a few of you following my tip last year about how to lower your bills. That 12 month period is over as you see on your new bill. Good news is, I just got it renewed, so you can too.

Bad news is that in the first quarter of the new year the old boxes are all going to be obsolete. So, if you don't have HD boxes, you won't have TV through DirecTV anymore.

They are now offering free upgrades to the HD equipment so you may want to jump on it.

Their new streaming service DirecTV Now runs about the same for the package you have now with your loyalty discounts. This is still at least 20 bucks a month more than I am seeing at other streaming services like Youtube TV etc. More bad news is that you go back to ZERO as far as customer loyalty is concerned. I guess good news is that there is no contract.

Good luck with it...

If you have access to fast reliable internet, streaming is the way to go. I use YouTube TV and it’s awesome
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I finally found my solution for actual unlimited so there is no way I am staying with a company I have been with since 1995 who can't match the price of a company that has not even been around that long. I don't see good things for T in the future...

What are you paying a month for your Youtube?

Default Directv

$35. I get all I need, including locals
    Last edited by trkykilr; 12-16-2018 at 04:20 PM.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    $35. I get all I need, including locals
    Live tv, and sports channels?

Nice...

Can I get Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The High Chapperal, Wagon Train, Have gun will travel, and The Rifleman, on this you tube of which you speak? Oh, and sports channels?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Live tv, and sports channels?
    Yes. I learned yesterday that I don’t get NFL network, but that only mattered because I wanted to watch Deshaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Can I get Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The High Chapperal, Wagon Train, Have gun will travel, and The Rifleman, on this you tube of which you speak? Oh, and sports channels?
    I haven’t searched those specifically, but I’m sure there are plenty of episodes on YouTube

I left Direct after 5 years last month. I now stream with Youtube TV and I haven’t missed much.

DTV's grip on NFL Sunday Ticket won't last much longer. They offered it to me for free today, I said Nah...

I managed to find a way to stream every Clemson game this year, and its not like Clemson has a lot of marquis opponents.

Between Terrarium TV, Netflix, Hulu+, and Amazon Prime, I couldn't think of anything on this planet that I don't have the ability to watch.

I cut the cord well over 2 years ago and have not looked back.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

We just set back up with them because we moved. Just suspended the account while we moved. $36.88 for the extra package for the next 12 months, $200 visa gift card, free installation and with no contract.

Sports really aren't an issue if you have a smart tv and a laptop. Mirroring reddit streams will provide you any sporting event on the planet for free.

Using the $199 Oculus you can watch it on a theater sized screen.

Sling, I don't think I could change from it, two TVs or devices, and the sports package for five bucks give me all of the ESPN's and golf.. its forty bucks. I canceled direct from the lakehouse a couple months ago.

I got dish and have had forever with no contract. All of it tax and all, networks the works 71.12
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    My man you are showing your age, I am retired and that is my exact M-F lineup before i get moving!

The yearly dance with directv to keep my payment down are getting old. We’ve been using the sling trial and think we will stay with them come January and quit dealing with directv.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Sling, I don't think I could change from it, two TVs or devices, and the sports package for five bucks give me all of the ESPN's and golf.. its forty bucks. I canceled direct from the lakehouse a couple months ago.
    Listen to this guy. He’s more than a fancy duck cooker and likker salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold