Thread: Heated Socks/insoles: Possibly reviving on old topic update for 2018

Default Heated Socks/insoles: Possibly reviving on old topic update for 2018

Its hard to believe that as we reach 2019 that, with all the advancements in hunting gear technology, that someone or company has not come up with an affordable/quality option of heated socks or insoles. And with gear that is specifically designed for certain sports available.
    I mean waterfowlers and stream fisherman that use waders.
    We need wader socks/insoles that can be remote controlled/stay warmer longer.
    I've been doing some research. "5/8/10 Best heated socks for hunters" and other reviews and test.
    But Holy cow, there may be some high tech heated socks out there that fit the bill but for $200-$400. Really.
    If you read the reviews for the sets for under $100 the results are spotty at best. Quality, comfort, moisture wicking, long lasting batteries. Somethings suffer.

I have worn the stick-on toe warmers, but they seem to stall working once you get them into your waders, due to lack of air flow, But once the hunt or fishing is done, and you come out of the waders and into your normal shoes or boots, I have had to peel them off because just get to hot, plus don't really need them anymore once in the truck and headed to the local Waffle or Huddle house for some groceries.

Then when you think you found a "good & functional" Pair with good professional reviews, decent customer reviews, manageable price (still about $100) They are no longer available, discontinued.
    So thats my rant.

Would like to know if anyone has "Invested" in these Heated Socks/insoles?
    Do they work "well" and are they worth what you paid?
    Or do we just keep going back to the Stick-on toe or whole foot heaters?

What brand tampons do you use?

Look at The Buffalo Wool Company for a pair of their socks. A little pricey but well worth it. This topic has been hashed out a 1000 times on here before, hit the search button and do the research. The answers are right there.
    every expert was once a beginner

I would go see a vascular surgeon and have my circulation checked.

They make waders with 1600 grams of boot insulation. Get some if you don’t have any. If you have some and are still cold, you’ve got circulation issues unless you’re hunting in the artic

You've been here almost 3 years. You HAD to have known this wasn't going to end well.

It takes a lot of electricity to create heat. I could probably rig up a pair of heated socks to your specs but you'd need to wear a deer feeder battery in a fanny pack to power them.

One of the things that causes a lot of people to get cold feet is snug boot/shoes. If you want to keep your feet warm, they can't have the least bit of blood flow restriction. Folks often try to wear extra socks in boots that fit well with only one pair. Even snug socks can lessen blood flow.

He might be old. Old people used to our climate get cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    He might be old. Old people used to our climate get cold.
    He is old

Yeah after I hit send I knew the stones would be flying.
    And I'm not old just older. thick skin though. Years in the Army then being in Construction as an Electrician has prepared me for times like this.

One of the easiest ways to warm your feet is to lose your belt, wear loose waist pants and hold them up with suspenders. Old timey cure that works just as good today.