Thread: 12-15

Default 12-15

Was telling the family goodbye to go hunt a stand that a guy has saw a good buck on. When I was hugging my eldest boy he asked where I was going. Told him hunting and he said he wanted to go. We had the talk about how we had already used our doe tag and we would only shoot a good buck, was he alright with that? He said yes. I said we are not bringing the iPad or anything. He said that was fine. He then asked if we could go hog hunting instead. I said we would shoot a hog if we saw it but it would be whatever we saw first, buck or a hog.

We travel to Kershaw and park to walk back to a different stand than I originally was going to hunt the buck from as it was just a single man stand. We get to our plot that is off a couple beaver swamps. We get in the stand and are having a great hunt. We were there to spend time together but he was doing a great job sitting still and being quiet. He got the Binos out and started looking around. Around 5 I told him to sit down as things should be getting ready to start moving.

About 10 minutes later I catch movement to my right toward a feeder. There is a big hog coming in. I tell him to be quiet and slowly stand up as there is a hog. I get him up so he can see it but the hog gets spooky and starts to leave how he came, but made the mistake of stopping. We squeezed off the trigger and he dropped kicking, spinning in a circle. We were doing high fives when I notice a second hog coming in from the woods close to where the first was laying.

She comes in the plot looks at the dead hog and gets spooked but comes on to the feeder. She does not stop and circles like she is going back how she came. She stopped and we shot number two. The boy has wanted us to kill a hog together since we saw some this summer. We had gotten close one time but did not pan out. I think he would rather kill the hogs than a buck, lol.

Was a great hunt and I am proud of my boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by davisd9; 12-17-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Excellent. Nice of the boy wanting to go and you changing your plans so he could go. And good killing.

Well done. I think I'd rather kill hogs than deer these days too. Shoot on sight policy and all.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Good daddying! Congrats on the kills

That boy's going to be hell on something in the future.

Good job.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

good deal
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Pretty work!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

nice job buddy

Love it! Great job by Dad and Son.

Great job, Pop!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Well done all around.