Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bend Over-SCE&G Content

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    What game? Reported campaign contributions are part of the process. It is part of our free speech.

I freely admitted the principals sent out their max $1000 campaign contribution. Money does influence. Always will. Deriving personal benefit is illegal. Do you want to eliminate campaign contributions? Is $1000 too much?
    $1,000 is just a number. I do feel that it is kind of the legislature to put a cap on the price of their vote. The free market would surely set the price much higher.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Philip spent month on here scrutinizing which boat to buy and where to get the best bang for his buck. I wonder if he gave his vote in this matter the same amount of consideration.
    My wifes money...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

My wifes money...
    Ahhhh, SHE'S the one that plays the game. Got it
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I Hope you realize the General Assembly Base Load Act allowed SCANA to bill customers for the INTEREST only. The construction costs were already billable.
    You're kidding right? You voted YES for the Base Load Review Act. You knew that ratepayers would be on the hook for the expense if it failed. I still can't figure out why you think it's okay for ratepayers to pay the interest only portion of a failed project. Your job should be to protect the citizens from loop holes in bills. Why is this hard to understand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    You're kidding right? You voted YES for the Base Load Review Act. You knew that ratepayers would be on the hook for the expense if it failed. I still can't figure out why you think it's okay for ratepayers to pay the interest only portion of a failed project. Your job should be to protect the citizens from loop holes in bills. Why is this hard to understand?
    Exactly! Let big business handle their own problems and stop bailing them out. SCANA can foot the bill with its holdings... Instead, special interest people feel it's the ratepayer that should brunt their failure.

who let the dogs out.....oooof oooof ooof oooof oooof whooo let the dogs out

Told ya Lake Murray didn't count. What a fukin waste. And Ducktape, please do not comment about things about saving our lakes if you ain't got a clue about what you are talking about. Thanks.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Duck - you said in a previous post that we would be in a similar boat if the bill didn't pass. Why don't you and your colleagues spend taxpayer money on a bill thats worth a damn. If you knew the bill would result in ratepayers footing the bill or interest payments why not write something of purpose or have a backbone to protect your constituents? You and your colleagues have the ability to do these things but CHOOSE otherwise.
    Last edited by Timberman22; 12-16-2018 at 08:24 PM.

I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    So is now a good time for me to go solar?
    Yep and sell it back what you don't use. Long time friend of ours just set 86 panel's today. Not for us but close
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Remember this when voting the next time people...

Feb. 12, 2004: The South Carolina General Assembly passes a bill that creates the Office of Regulatory Staff, which replaces the state consumer advocate in representing the interests of the public in utility rate cases.

April 19, 2007: The General Assembly passes the Base Load Review Act. The bill makes it easier for utilities to raise rates to pay for nuclear reactors while they are under construction and to charge ratepayers for their investments in plants that are not completed.

Newberry County politician's just sit there and listen.

If they are to big to fail, they should be big enough to out of pocket any investment in future profit on their own.

Ask how many SCANA employees still got a Christmas bonus....

Duck Tape should name his wife's boat.....Ponzi Scheme!

I agree with timber22

Only one way to explain how lawmakers can recuse big business of their debts and get away from paying their debt

I wish I could go get a loan and somewhere in the fine print it could say if I FAIL to pay this note my lender will raise rates of other loans to cover my tab. Sound familiar in a simplistic explantation?

I agree with timber22

Also, does the state collect taxes on the overage they are charging the customers?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberman22 View Post
    I wish I could go get a loan and somewhere in the fine print it could say if I FAIL to pay this note my lender will raise rates of other loans to cover my tab. Sound familiar in a simplistic explantation?
    Timber, you simply want to be an ass. I refuse to be similar. Argue with your rep.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Timber, you simply want to be an ass. I refuse to be similar. Argue with your rep.
    How do you get to vote on something that does not impact you?

Not saying it isn't somewhat deserved, but I hope all of you are hammering your reps as much as your hammering DT. If you're not willing to do that, then chill.