Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry a Big Stick and Know How to Swing It...

Default Carry a Big Stick and Know How to Swing It...

Every once and a while we wish out loud, or in forums, how we wish we had a true sportsman's voice in Columbia. Especially a voice that matters at SCDNR and all things outdoors. Yesterday our new Speaker appoint our very own Duck Tape to the chairman of Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice subcommittee on the Ways and Means Committee. This committee includes oversight and BUDGET CONTROL over the State Law Enforcement Division and the Department of Public Service, the Department of Corrections, the Department of Natural Resources, the office of the Attorney General, the Department of Pardon, Parole and Probation Services, the Department of Juvenile Justice, the Prosecution Coordination, the Law Enforcement Training Council, the Commission of Indigent Defense, the State Conservation Bank and the State Ethics Commission.

It is said that you hate every lawyer but your own. Many on here have even suspended reality long enough to say there are no good politicians. All of those things may be true in your perception but I can tell you that there is not better person to hold budgets accountable in this state that good ole' Duck Tape. Not only that, but he actually reads your posts and wades through personal attacks long enought to absorb those comments that add value.

If you wanted a sportsman's voice in Columbia, you have it. If you want a sportsman's voice in a position that matters for the outdoors in Columbia, you got it. If you want a politician that will actually respond when you call or type, you got it. You may not love him, but he is ours. Personally, I have known Phillip for over 25 years and know of no one that has a harder pursuit of all things waterfowl. He has put his money where his mouth is and volunteered untold amount of hours in the name of conservation. He ran his first three elections with the highest percent of black voters in his district than any other elected Republican and he did so because he cared and kept promises to all communities.

By all means, please continue to beat all of the dead horses you would like or, if you dare, leverage our new found voice in high places and PM Duck Tape with your concerns, cares or needs as they relate to the outdoors. I promise you will be heard. Congratulations P-Lowe. MG

https://www.scnow.com/news/local/art...9a190bf5f.html

Rep. Lowe gets subcommittee post in House
    Matthew Christian Reporter mchristian@florencenews.com 12 hrs ago

FLORENCE, S.C. – State Rep. Phillip Lowe will be the latest Pee Dee legislator to become a Statehouse leader.

State Rep. G. Murrell Smith Jr., the new chairman of the Ways and Means Committee, has appointed Lowe chairman of Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice subcommittee on the Ways and Means Committee.

The subcommittee that Lowe will head will oversee the budgets for the State Law Enforcement Division and the Department of Public Service, the Department of Corrections, the Department of Natural Resources, the office of the Attorney General, the Department of Pardon, Parole and Probation Services, the Department of Juvenile Justice, the Prosecution Coordination, the Law Enforcement Training Council, the Commission of Indigent Defense, the State Conservation Bank and the State Ethics Commission.

Lowe said he is honored to serve his district and the state in this new capacity. He added that the difficult task ahead is prioritizing the needs in the state with limited funds that are available.

Smith was named chairman of the committee by Speaker Jay Lucas during the House’s reorganization meeting on Dec. 5. He replaced Rep. Brian White of Anderson County, who was reassigned during the organization meeting.

https://www.scnow.com/news/local/art...9a190bf5f.html
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 12-13-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

This may end up being the most entertaining thread of 2018.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Only because scducks memberships have deteriorated from intelligent wildlife driven debates between folks in position to make a difference, to now, a band of wagon jumpers with no real skin in any wildlife game, ducks being at the very bottom.

Congratulations Duck Tape.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

While we don't agree on some things, congrats Phillip. I feel like you'll do your best for wildlife in SC.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

MG, you forgot to put MG at the end of your post

Let's all make the best use of this resource guys.

Thank you for stepping up to take on this responsibility Mr. Lowe.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-13-2018 at 11:58 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I agree that DT gets a lot of attacks on here. Some warranted. Some not so much.

Congrats Phillip. I hope you can use this site to help get feedback from all sportsmen, not just the loudest at the public meetings. And that you can actively listen and take that feedback to Columbia to help better manage our state's resources.

Quote Originally Posted by blackstock View Post
    MG, you forgot to put MG at the end of your post
    FIFY. I always sign my name to all my comments, thanks for noticing. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Don't miss out on the fact that Murrell Smith is the chairman of the full committee. He also will be a voice that matters to sportsman issues.

He will be a good one. Congrats Phillip!

Sweet.

Now. Are we going to be take a preventative stance or reactionary stance on CWD?

Congrats DT!

Congrats, but please for the love of ducks don’t wear those damn queer jeans again.

Congrats and thanks

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Congratulations DT

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    FIFY. I always sign my name to all my comments, thanks for noticing. MG
    Good idea, no one would know it’s you elsewise

Thanks for the kind words MG and the rest of you.

From the inception of this site I have believed it could positively effect our outdoor passions. LOL

I respect the wealth of knowledge on this site and always listen to your opinions. You have an opportunity to have impact wildlife issues through our communications. I look forward to listening, learning and helping.

I lost weight so the jeans don't fit. Sold them to Griffin.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Congrats DT, show em what we taught you!

Congrats, DT.

Power...responsibility

Quote Originally Posted by blackstock View Post
    Good idea, no one would know it’s you elsewise
    Of by "signing my name" I actually mean signing my dog's name. I do enjoy meeting members who are expecting to meet something that looks more like a Maggie than I do. Sometimes a screen name sounds like a really good idea until sixteen years later when it doesn't. The first dog who is the namesake hasa been gone for yes and "Maggie Duece" her replacement is 11. Damn, I'm old. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero