Thread: Penn Clash - Amazon DoD

Default Penn Clash - Amazon DoD

Anyone have experience with these reels? I like the battle II but wondering how they compare to these...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011OCN23E...927750011&th=1

Guy had one on the boat last summer, seemed to be a decent reel. About like a spinfisher just a little lighter. Handled a few AJ’s and a big reef shark with no issues. I thin it was a 5 or 6000.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

From what I've read about them I think I'd stick with the battle ii. I don't think they are bad reels...they are a little lighter than battle ii's but battle ii's have more drag. The clash also needs spacing washer behind the spool to get the line to spool correctly (depending on what type of line you are using). The Clash is also not offered in ultra light or extra heavy...battle ii's are. Just my 2 cents from reading on them a while back but don't have any first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Yeah, that is. I have a 5500 that’s been great. I like it more than my Stradics and have had zero issues with it. Caught a ton of fish of all sizes with it. It’s on a cheap Tsunami rod I use for slow pitch jigs loaded with 50# braid.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

No experience with the new penns but have some old spinfishers that won’t die.

That said for around the $100 point I find the new Daiwa BG great.

Knowing what size you're referencing would help....but here's an overview.

Clash compared to the Battle II:

Both reels have an Aluminum body....that's good.

Clash reels have Graphite rotors up to the 5000 size, but the 6000 and 8000 have aluminum rotors.
    Battle reels have Aluminum rotors on all sizes.

Both reels use HT-100 (carbon fiber) drag washers.
    Clash has an improved Drag curve because it uses a wave spring for pressure, vs a standard coil spring.

Clash - Machined Aluminum Drive Gear (Brass on 6000/8000) - more durable/smoother
    Battle - Diecast Drive Gear
    Both reels have machined pinion gears.

Clash is meant to be lighter/smoother "inshore" spinner.........think Shimano Stradic. At $100 it's a heck of a deal on a Clash.
    Battle is meant to be an every day do everything type reel....and it's not a big loss if someone drops it over the side of the boat.

Thanks for the details....very helpful