Thread: Chesapeake

Default Chesapeake

Looking for a female Chesapeake pup. Has to be good bloodline or strong hunting stock. PM me if you have any good leads. In no hurry and will wait on the right dog. Thanks in advance.

PM Strick9. He knows Chespeakes and was recently in the market. He's good dude and can point you in the right direction.

I know a few breeders. My new one is a one time breeding. Things to look for in my opine are obviously hunt related blood (this can be somewhat overlooked with the Chesapeake breed as they have not been watered down as much as labs and boykins etc ) but more importantly look for DM, PRA and EIC clears as well as good family temperament. My last one was a little more old school bred and would definitely viciously protect the truck and the boat if he did not know you. In todays day and age that can be a problem. If you are ok with carriers there should be no harm if you don't desire to breed later down the road. If you do desire to breed your dog being a carrier will make it a little more difficult to find a safe match. Mainstream kennels that produce solid dogs are Cursans, Carroway, Westwinds and a few others but all those are highly proven and handy in my brain at the moment.
    Genesis 9;2

I have one of Linda's last puppies out of Caroway's. She is no long raising litters.