Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Upstate Megapastor buys his wife $200k Lambo

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    I always wonder about when preachers get called to another church........wonder how many times it is for less money.

Similar to the Christian bands that will play and worship at your church for 30K, but not 29K.....maybe even a love offering.

Bottomline is folks are making money inside the church.
    Like I say, if it's not affiliated with a denomination, it's sketch. Demoniations have oversight to prevent this money grabbing.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 01-03-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Well I checked the "Official Rule Book" and I don't see any mention of a Lamborghini.

♦ ♦ ♦
    Luke 12:22-34 (KJV)

22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.

23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?

25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?

26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?

27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?

29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.

30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.

31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

34 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
    How is this any different than anyone on here claiming to be a Christian, then spending your money on a fancy boat or expensive shotgun or rifle or collecting expensive guns when a Taurus and a mossberg would do? Not judging, just asking. Whoever among you without sin, cast the first stone.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Similar to the Christian bands that will play and worship at your church for 30K, but not 29K.....maybe even a love offering.
    Say what? Churches pay bands $30K to play music?

I always wonder about when preachers get called to another church........wonder how many times it is for less money.

Bottomline is folks are making money inside the church.
    Most of the time the church is paying the band and then selling tickets. The profits far exceed the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Most of the time the church is paying the band and then selling tickets. The profits far exceed the fee.
    Do the profits benefit a mission or community outreach?
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Do the profits benefit a mission or community outreach?
    Most of the time I would say yes but I can only speak for church’s I’m associated with. It’s kinda like a bake sale but much larger figures. We had Big Daddy Weave play at a church and the profits paid to replace the old HVAC systems.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    How is this any different than anyone on here claiming to be a Christian, then spending your money on a fancy boat or expensive shotgun or rifle or collecting expensive guns when a Taurus and a mossberg would do? Not judging, just asking. Whoever among you without sin, cast the first stone.
    For one thing He's talking to His disciples and most of us aren't called to be a disciple. It's true we should all witness but we weren't called to be teachers/preachers/leaders.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    For one thing He's talking to His disciples and most of us aren't called to be a disciple. It's true we should all witness but we weren't called to be teachers/preachers/leaders.
    I disagree. We are called to be disciples and to go make disciples, in my opinion.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

There is a Baptist Church in North Augusta. They also pay folks to play in the regular every Sunday band / choir.

It happens. What if you book a band and don't sell enough tickets. Preachers selling books in the church.
    Mathew 21:12
    "And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,"

Preachers are allowed to enter God's transfer portal now

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Nothing wrong with wearing blue jean shorts it’s just tacky and I don’t like to be around people that do.

Preachers selling books in the church.
    Mathew 21:12
    "And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves,"
    Would you have the same issue with a bake sale?

How did y'all get off on this tangent from an article that is over a year old? The update from Today that is actually a few weeks old is just stating that the owner of the property, Ron Carpenter, has filed for eviction of the current church...

He could of paid 250k for a $175.00 pressure washer, to join a mega cult . in which the leader make you touch a rock, and shares ouiji board predictions at halftime. And on communion he has whine- coolers. They say he uses foul language at all stadium gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    He could of paid 250k for a $175.00 pressure washer, to join a mega cult . in which the leader make you touch a rock, and shares ouiji board predictions at halftime. And on communion he has whine- coolers. They say he uses foul language at all stadium gatherings.
    Lame

This thread reinforces my personal policy of not attending, nor belonging to any Church.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

A small percentage of folks runs scams in churches. Most small medium sized churches operate the intention of promoting the Gospel. Some do it better than others but humans are flawed.

A senior pastor with a doctorate degree and years experience should receive a $100k plus salary with a large congregation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Upstate Megapastor buys his wife $200k Lambo

If you don’t consider the split personality aspect of in church vs out of church persona then I might possibly agree with you.
    Last edited by Tater; 01-04-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Preachers are allowed to enter God's transfer portal now
    Baptist invented the Transfer Portal