Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tag System

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I'm not saying it is hard. I'm saying the workforce the SCDNR currently has probably doesn't have the skills to maintain the system. They have a hard enough time maintaining their antiquated processes now.
    SCDNR would just set the parameters while the actual IT work would be subbed out to a development firm. Absolutely no reason to not have either a toll free check system, an app, or both. SCDNR really needs to spend a few days looking at the NC or GA systems. You can’t get any easier.

You could say SC needs to catch up on a lot of things. I mean I can go online and look at every single piece of state owned land and just click it and it tell me all the regulations for that property. A simple app to tag a deer harvest seems like a nice and easy way to do this but somehow some way SC will make it a monumental task and it will take years to get done if they attempt it. As of right now I haven't seen much hope in our state government when it comes to wildlife politics.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Millero and Bub could knock that shit out in a week. A week.
    If that

New here?
    No. I’ve been here my whole life but have been able to use the Georgia app the past few years, and it makes life easy. No more forgetting tags. When it was just does that had to be tagged it wasn’t a big deal, but the new rules have turned it into a royal pain in the ass. I also have three kids worth of tags to keep up with now too. Georgia’s harvest rules are much better than ours too. 2 bucks and 10 does.
    Last edited by Island Hunter; 12-10-2018 at 11:11 AM.

I had heard that it was discussed but Campsen fought it on grounds that it was invasion of privacy.

If you have something to hide...

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    SCDNR would just set the parameters while the actual IT work would be subbed out to a development firm. Absolutely no reason to not have either a toll free check system, an app, or both. SCDNR really needs to spend a few days looking at the NC or GA systems. You can’t get any easier.
    I agree and wish they would change it. Having anything paper in this day and time feels silly. But they would still have to pay for all that contract work. I've done a lot of work subbing IT work and leasing software. It ain't cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I've done a lot of work subbing IT work and leasing software. It ain't cheap.
    It sure as hell can be. DNR could come to this site, post a "We need an App" thread and get it done for free before Christmas.

Of course, that would be wayyyy too easy...

It sure as hell can be. DNR could come to this site, post a "We need an App" thread and get it done for free before Christmas.

Of course, that would be wayyyy too easy...
    I wish it was that easy! The ol gubment would need to get 5 quotes and then they'd pick the company the director's nephew works at.

Yep.

The apps already exist, would be as easy as SCDNR purchasing the appropriate licensing
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Yeah. Somebody should have posted that idea earlier. lulz

if we have to have them- quit the bullshit dated paper tags and give us embossed colored zip ties like the gator tags- I can't legally tag a fuckin deer without reading glasses- red= big buck, yellow = any buck, blue = doe- no damn dates- if you have a damn doe tag it should be legal any day after September 15th

no damn app that requires a smart phone and cell coverage either- some of us don't have either
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 12-10-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    if we have to have them- quit the bullshit dated paper tags and give us embossed colored zip ties like the gator tags- I can't legally tag a fuckin deer without reading glasses- red= big buck, yellow = any buck, blue = doe- no damn dates- if you have a damn doe tag it should be legal any day after September 15th

no damn app that requires a smart phone and cell coverage either- some of us don't have either
    So you're saying to go back to the type of tags that were used previously?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post

What about a number to call and get a confirmation #? That’s the other option in Georgia.

Doe days are the worst thing for the SC deer herd in my opinion. Fuck an app too but I also say fuck a tag.
    cut\'em

I agree on doe tags. Wish they just give you a certain amount of tags and be done. Seems like every doe day I hunt all I see is 3 cow horns and a button buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Island Hunter View Post
    What about a number to call and get a confirmation #? That’s the other option in Georgia.
    That’s bullshit too. All local processors will clean and process a deer without a tag or # . They raised so much hell about customers standing in their parking lot and can’t a # and they drive away with deer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=Duck Tape;2562253]No matter the method of data collection the outcome will be the same, more restrictive on bucks.[/QUOTE

This right here. I think Ga already has a 2 buck limit.