Thread: Friend of Sportsman Retires

Default Friend of Sportsman Retires

To the citizens of South Carolina House District 14:

Thank you for the incredible honor and privilege of representing the finest citizens of South Carolina for the past 16 years. I have given you my best effort, standing firm on principle while building alliances to help lead our state forward. This is how a democratic republic is supposed to work. You may not have agreed with me at times, but you always knew with certainty where I stood on any issue.

During my tenure, I have faced some harsh personal challenges with two rounds of cancer treatment, and on October 20 of this year, a heart attack and surgery. My doctors say I can make a full recovery in time, with patience, rehabilitation, a far less hectic schedule and a reduction in stress. Serving in an elected position becomes more stressful each year; as the poison of politics grows, so do the daily demands of constituents. Chairing the House Ethics Committee during an investigation into certain House members has been particularly stressful.

With that said, based on the advice of my doctors and my family—to whom I want to express eternal gratitude for their support of my endeavors—I have decided I should retire from the legislature. My plans are to remain active in another capacity with a more singular focus and more manageable schedule to maximize my effectiveness.

My retirement will be effective December 31, 2018, with an official resignation effective January 3, 2019. This will trigger a special election to fulfill the term for which I was just elected. To the handful with all the answers, here’s your opportunity to step into the arena. To those who don’t have all the answers but are ready to ask the right questions, I implore you to prayerfully consider public service.

Family, friends and supporters, thank you again for the opportunity to make a difference. Together, we have.

Merry Christmas and God bless you all.

Sincerely,

Representative Mike Pitts
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Any clue who the candidates for his successor might be?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

For the record I like Pitts. His "retirement" to a 97K state job is not a good optic though.

Thank you for your service and Godspeed in your retirement.

Nothing like following Marvin into "retirement" lol.

Sorry you lost your Rabbi PL...

Pitts would be cheaper than any other replacement. His retirement is already set from the time as a cop. It will not increase due to this job.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.