Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SBE3 or A400 Extreme Plus

There are pros and cons to both. The sbe is a lot lighter which equates to better shoulder and swing. On the other hand, you get alot of recoil. I have shot many benellis but never owned one. I have only owned 1 beretta, the a400 xtreme and want to sell it only to get the plus for the lengthened forcing cone. It is significantly heavier, however, the weight of the gun helps with felt recoil, additionally the kickoff system on their guns dampens it even more, the gas system takes even more recoil out. I typically shoot 3" 2's and 4's and there is very minimal muzzle climb. When youre talking about taking doubles and triples, the beretta is a game changer. Many argue that benellis are more reliable because they dont utilize a gas system, and they are very reliable, but with the technology in the berettas gas system, that is a non factor. Ive shot shells made in 1982 out of that gun at paper and clays and not cleaned it for weeks after shooting several boxes and never had a problem with cycling. (I typically clean my guns after each use as i was tought) its really all about preference but i woukd definitely recommend shooting both prior to making a purchase.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I went from Beretta to Benelli and I’m now back to Beretta. Just bought an Xtreme Plus and an A400 20 gauge. None of the Benelli’s I have/had have been as reliable as the Berettas overall. YMMV, but that’s been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You seem like a Berretta guy now that I think of it.

Oh and I shoot a $700 M2 since Murphy Island ate my Silver Hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!