Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another load...Another GPS collar

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Why have you not backed that cage down a boat ramp for about 5 minutes yet?
    This is funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Potential in this one
    10 pages minimum
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Have you tried mashin' ctrl/alt/del?

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1224 View Post
    Already losing money with them being rereleased so why pay someone. We have trappers that trap for the hides as they understand and are willing to ally and help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selling those hides for fur?

At the end of the day, we as landowners and stakeholders need to make a dead coyote worth the effort for the guys who trap them. Will there be shitbags who try to double dip? Sure.

A good start would be the death penalty for anyone owning a pen or trap with a live coyote in it. Then start paying trappers $200 for a cut off head, and give him a voucher for an extra $200 per yote from Uncle Sam. We can give BILLIONS to corn farmers. We can afford relatively cheap matching funds for dead coyotes.

$400 a coyote should be enough to get people trapping and not playing catch and release...

Your fight should be with the fox pen owners not the trappers. Take away the demand and trappers will stop selling them live. Google search tells me Eastern coyote furs sold for $55 a piece. That’s after the trapper skins them, fleshes them, and dries out the hides. The OP is getting $100 per yote with out having to do any of the extra work.

Fur price reference
    http://trappingtoday.com/2018-fur-pr...ction-results/
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Already losing money with them being rereleased so why pay someone. We have trappers that trap for the hides as they understand and are willing to ally and help

The guy Said farmers were losing more than this guy was making, so if they paid the median both parties would win. The man is trying to make a living just like the farmer. So the farmer need to pony up and match what the man is making off the yotes.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Well, one things for sure.....There's some misinformed and wrongly opinionated people on here.......

The pen guys I've dealt with have all been top notch...I can see hardly any situation in a where a coyote released into a quality enclosure can escape back into the wild...If I thought different, I wouldn't sell to them.

For those that want the trappers to just kill them all on sight, put the money where your mouth is...Trapping is expensive and time consuming to do in volume.

If anybody wants to pay me $100 per coyote, then I welcome them to follow me around the trapline and I will gladly let them shoot every one I catch...Every. Single. One!!!!

I have a few cattle farms and a deer hunting plantation myself...I work hard to manage my places...If I can recover some expenses in live market sales, it is my legal right to do so...Fur market is too low $$$ and the work to put up fur to time consuming to make it worthwhile.

To each his own.

I’ll continue to open our place to the trapper who is working our properties.

What he doesn’t get, I will without paying someone to dispose of a problem.

Maybe I just see it differently.......

**2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

To each his own.

I’ll continue to open our place to the trapper who is working our properties.

What he doesn’t get, I will without paying someone to dispose of a problem.

Maybe I just see it differently.......

Not all people carry the same financial burdens. Some people do things because they have to some because they want to.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CUduckreeper View Post
    Your fight should be with the fox pen owners not the trappers. Take away the demand and trappers will stop selling them live. Google search tells me Eastern coyote furs sold for $55 a piece. That’s after the trapper skins them, fleshes them, and dries out the hides. The OP is getting $100 per yote with out having to do any of the extra work.

Fur price reference
    http://trappingtoday.com/2018-fur-pr...ction-results/

I think in this case Eastern Coyote prices do not always equal South Carolina prices.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    Nice meeting you today Swift Strike. The coyotes looked good when we released them. Hopefully the rain will quit and you can get us another 30 or so and we will be set for the year. Thanks again
    Our pleasure.....

Great looking setup y'all got there.
    Last edited by Swift Strike; 12-08-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    Not all people carry the same financial burdens. Some people do things because they have to some because they want to.
    No one “has to do” anything. This is America. If you don’t like your profession, go find another. I have cattle and gladly shoot coyotes, but I’m not getting mad at a guy who chooses not to kill them.
    Last edited by wskinner; 12-08-2018 at 10:11 PM.