Thread: Sportsman’s Devotional 12/6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sportsman’s Devotional 12/6

Bible Study Verse
    Psalm 34:8-10
    Taste and see that the Lord is good;
    blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
    Fear the Lord, you his holy people,
    for those who fear him lack nothing.
    The lions may grow weak and hungry,
    but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing. (NIV)

Thoughts
    These verses invite us to experience the sufficiency in our God. They instruct us to depend upon Him, realizing that He is really all we need! He alone can protect us. God alone can satisfy the void that comes with the disappointments of life like a missed shot at a trophy buck.

We must reverence Him. Fear refers to awesome respect and submission to His will and ways. The saint is one who is saved, one who has been declared right because the Judge of the earth has declared him not guilty. This happens when we believe in His Son, Jesus, personally, and commit our souls to Him for eternal safe keeping.

Different names of God are spelled differently in our translations so we can understand the significance of each Old Testament name. He is the personal, covenant keeping God. This is implied by the use of all capital letters when writing His name, LORD. . This is the Hebrew name of God, Jehovah. LORD is God's personal name, His Covenant name. It summarizes His entire character. His saints are secure because He is our protector. This name implies a relationship with His own.
    (Jackie M)

Action Point
    Involve yourself with God. Experience His goodness. He alone can truly satisfy the longing of your inner being. God provides for the animals, but they cannot know him personally as humans may. Involve Him in everything you do.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
    Carry along some basic snacks and trail food for energy. This can be a life saver if you are stranded, injured, or lost. You may also be able to share this with someone else who needs help. Such food is enjoyable, and can make the hunt more attractive for young hunters that you bring along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Sportsman’s Devotional 12/6

I agree with this Devotional as a whole but would think the example of missing the opportunity of a big buck doesn’t adequately demonstrate the filling of the void that Jesus provides.

Life can get downright tough and Jesus is the only true hope through the peaks and valleys.

Last edited by b35w; 12-06-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I agree with this Devotional as a whole but think the example of missing the opportunity of a big buck doesn’t adequately demonstrate the filling of the void that Jesus provides.

Life can get downright tough and Jesus is the only true hope through the peaks and valleys.

Amen!