Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Herbstreit: politics put Georgia....

Default Herbstreit: politics put Georgia....

....at #5.

https://247sports.com/college/georgi...eit-125926755/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So if UGA gets put in do they have to beat Bama twice?

If not, why not?

So they played a really good game for 7/8th of the game... so did the Citadel...for 1/2 a game.

I understand the mantra is the 4 best teams but at some point you have to earn it on the field. Losing in a blowout to an average LSU team and then pissing away a 14 point lead to Alabama is not earning it.

Also is the Sec championship a post season game? If you said yes name me a sport that plays one game not a series that if you lose you get to continue in that post season.

Georgia lost to LSU in a blowout, then lost their conference championship. Ohio State got blown out by Purdue then won their conference championship after destroying a 3rd ranked Michigan team. Politics must have kept OSU out too seeing as how they seem to always be the non-SEC team ESPN wants to promote. Jawja would have been in had they handled business in Baton Rouge.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Hey, Herbstreit is a Clemson fan boy. I think his kids are going there.

Don't be a hater.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I understand the mantra is the 4 best teams but at some point you have to earn it on the field. Losing in a blowout to an average LSU team and then pissing away a 14 point lead to Alabama is not earning it.

Also is the Sec championship a post season game? If you said yes name me a sport that plays one game not a series that if you lose you get to continue in that post season.
    Yep, it's not just the four best teams looking only at their highest potential without other considerations taken into account. UGA lost badly to LSU and OSU got taken to the woodshed by Purdue and were a bad pass away from losing to MD. Twice allowing right at 50 to be laid on them. Having a 2 loss team over several 1 loss teams is really pushing it.

If it hadn’t been a huge blowout against LSU, I’m thinking they get in.

Had they beaten LSU they would be in. No question.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense to do away with Conference Championship game altogether and just move to a 8 team playoff. I mean, why not? You talk about money? Would Clemson be making more in a QF game against a 5, 6 or 7 ranked Ohio St or Oklahoma, or even GA team, or whoever was the first loser that won the Coastal Division?

And the SEC cronies might even get to say how 3 SEC teams made it the playoffs this year and beat their chest even harder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    The more I think about it the more it makes sense to do away with Conference Championship game altogether and just move to a 8 team playoff. I mean, why not? You talk about money? Would Clemson be making more in a QF game against a 5, 6 or 7 ranked Ohio St or Oklahoma, or even GA team, or whoever was the first loser that won the Coastal Division?

And the SEC cronies might even get to say how 3 SEC teams made it the playoffs this year and beat their chest even harder.
    That's the only way to a bigger playoff field. Let the higher ranked team host the lower seed at their stadium for the opening round.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

I think it dilutes the field to much to go to an 8 team playoff. No one has ever won the national championship from outside the 1 or 2 spot. Also no national champion ever has had a blowout loss like Purdue and Ohio state, EVER. The 8 ranked team does not deserve to be in the playoff. The committee got it right do not fix what is not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I think it dilutes the field to much to go to an 8 team playoff. No one has ever won the national championship from outside the 1 or 2 spot. Also no national champion ever has had a blowout loss like Purdue and Ohio state, EVER. The 8 ranked team does not deserve to be in the playoff. The committee got it right do not fix what is not broken.
    Bama was #4 last year.

I say it’s the 5 conference champs and one wild card team . 1 & 2 get a 1st round bye and go from there.

In that we get to argue GA or UCF.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

The team that nobody is talking about, is the team that Clemson gets first. Don't even bullshit about it doesn't matter who you play. Clemson is glad they got ND instead of Georgia.
    The committee should have made a statement by kicking ND out. Force their hand to join a conference. I honestly believe you would have seen an all SEC national championship........again. A rematch would make people tired of the SEC dominance. I am good with Georgia not being picked. They should have taken care of business at LSU.
    It sucks to have to play your way in watching Clemson play a 7-5 Pitt and ND sitting at home knowing they are already in.

Georgia would mud stomp Klimpsux.

The only way I could see everyone being on board with an 8 team playoff (especially if they take away conference championship games and yse that weekend as first round) is 5 conference champions, highest ranked G5, and two at large spots.

again, this is not how I think it should be done... Merely how I think it would have to be structured for everybody to sign off on it. I have no problems with the way it is structured right now... There's nobody on the outside looking in right now that did everything within their power to be in the top four and is not in the playoffs. Everyone of us should realize that neither LSU nor Florida deserve to be in the top 10....they are in those positions merely as resume builders.

The non-conference lack of participation by ND is bullshit!
    Hopefully Clempson throttles ND before the Tide steamrolls the taters...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    The team that nobody is talking about, is the team that Clemson gets first. Don't even bullshit about it doesn't matter who you play. Clemson is glad they got ND instead of Georgia.

Explain to me how clemson could've gotten Georgia? I mean, they're not even in it, right?

I'll hang up and listen while you hang on to your dreams....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    The committee should have made a statement by kicking ND out. Force their hand to join a conference. I honestly believe you would have seen an all SEC national championship........again. A rematch would make people tired of the SEC dominance.

I am good with Georgia not being picked.
    Doesn’t sound like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Georgia would mud stomp Klimpsux.
    Guess we’ll never know. They say choking doesn’t cause permanent damage, but the effects from this one will be going on for quite awhile.
    Last edited by wskinner; 12-06-2018 at 07:28 AM.

If GA should be ranked 4 because they played Alabama close then they should be ranked well below LSU because they lost to them too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Explain to me how clemson could've gotten Georgia? I mean, they're not even in it, right?

I'll hang up and listen while you hang on to your dreams....
    If you read the article... Kirk proposed that UGA should be ranked #3, which means they would be playing Clemson.