Thread: Russell Moccasin boots

Default Russell Moccasin boots

For those of you that have worn them, are they worth the money? I'm thinking hard about buying a pair.
    "The bird possesses a remarkable ability to turn arrogance into hopelessness." - Tom Kelly

"Some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters." - Archibald Rutledge

Do you even blow a buice?

In terms of comfort and quality, I think they are worth the money. I had a couple of pairs that I used to wear every day when I worked for a forestry company. After the second pair, I realized that I don't take good enough care of boots to buy another pair. Later, when I was no longer working in the woods, I tried to order another pair and it was a 14 month wait, so I declined. Lately, I've been eyeing the Sandanona (Gokey) boots from Orvis.
    Last edited by MKW; 12-05-2018 at 06:07 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I’m a fan. I’ve got a pair of their lightweight turkey hunters I’ve had for over 20 years and haven’t exactly been kind to. They aren’t completely waterproof but somehow even when water does get in it doesn’t bother me. Probably because it’s all leather and no cloth. And they never let a ton of water in but if you walk in ankle deep water or even across a dew covered field some water will get in

Nope. Mine were a gift. They were ordered out of a catalog, so they are not tailored to my foot. Maybe the custom ones are better.

Get custom and get what you want. I put crepe soles and on two pair, snake boots being one and they fit and feel like tenny shoes

Poets.....
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

You know what else feels like tenny shoes?

Tenny shoes.

The white ones.

Velcro Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Worth it

I wear mine daily. Clean them and put mink oil on them about twice a year and no leaks. When you wear out the sole ship them back and for 70.00 dollars they will resole and recondition the leather. They will last you a lifetime.

As far as quality they are second to none. As far as value, if you take care of them they will last a lifetime. Will a 125.00 pair of Georgia boots do the same thing, probably. It’s all relative to your tatste and budget.

Even if they were ordered out of a catalog, they can be tailored to your feet. Follow all of the fit instructions and send in your measurements, with the boots, and Russell will rebuild the boots. Russell stands behind their product and wants to please every client.
    Last edited by MsMills; 12-06-2018 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMills View Post
    Even if they were order out of a catalog, they can be tailored to your foot. Follow all of the fit instructions and send in your measurements with the boots and Russell will rebuild the boots. Russell stands behind there product and wants to please every client.
    Thanks, did not know that.

They are worth it.
    DILLIGAF

Buy once, cry once. They are worth the coin.

I typically hunt across property lines, for obvious reasons, and boots of any kind slow me down when I hear landowners show up. Give me some goretex Reeboks any day. White ones (I think they call those Princesses) are a dead give away. I typically apply a good rattle can camo to them to avoid issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!