Thread: Trapping Forum

Default Trapping Forum

I thought a central place for trappers and land managers that use trapping would be a great place to share information on the dying art. I think it goes without being said but I'll echo it again, dont post dead ferral cats....period. I've only been trapping 2 years and still very green on pretty much every aspect, but enjoy trying to figure predators out. Post up your tips,tactics,equipment and pictures for trapping anything legal........

Ricky

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

do you sell The yotes? I'm thinking about starting trapping but the only way I see it possible is to sell the yotes alive?
    Windows Down!

No you didn't just go there!?!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

He did and I don't like the way this is going.

That argument is as inevitable as the whole dog hunting argument, if you want to bring it up go ahead,I have no issue with it. All I'll say is this, kill them or sell them either way they are dead. I cant fault trappers that run lines for a living trying to recoup money when we dont have the fur worthy of trade/money.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

I thought y'all 'necks was turnin' hood when I seen't the title of this thread.

Ricky,

Why not make it a predator forum instead of trapping because there are times when I want to go out and shoot the coyotes at night and if someone has some tips and tricks for getting on those dogs I'd love to know what works. Yeah trapping is fun but so is shooting something that comes in to a call and gets to eat a bullet.

Just a thought
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

So you going to spend your money on traps, bait, gas and time to kill them..... Hell no, you find fox pens near and far and sell them alive. The fella who traps for me, sells his as quick as he catches them. Certain times of the year, they bring good money.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Trapping Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    So you going to spend your money on traps, bait, gas and time to kill them..... Hell no, you find fox pens near and far and sell them alive. The fella who traps for me, sells his as quick as he catches them. Certain times of the year, they bring good money.

That’s right, and the biggest misconception, live market trapping is only @ 3 months. Most people think they are live trapping for pens all year, when that’s not the case.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 12-05-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    That’s right, and the biggest misconception, live market trapping is only @ 3 months. Most people think they are live trapping for pens all year, when that’s not the case.
    And now is the time to have traps in the ground. Remember to pull traps during warm weather due to ants on bait, cover your traps with a 12by12 carpet square when rain is approaching, it will make for a long day checking traps before work,

Coyotes should receive no quarters.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 12-05-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Stupid a** voice text

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    And now is the time to have traps in the ground. Remember to pull traps during warm weather due to ants on bait, cover your traps with a 12by12 carpet square when rain is approaching, it will make for a long day checking traps before work,

You know how to trap?

He's watched a couple YouTube videos
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Ccleroy is speaking some serious truth. According to the American Indian and modern science, they are not bothered by much. Trapping slows them down. Shooting them randomly increases the population. There is no stopping them.

I pulled mine out the shed the other day and looked them over. I probably will redie and wax this weekend. I usually start the week after christmas. I am glad you started this fourm.
    Last edited by Rem11-87; 12-05-2018 at 10:10 PM.