Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh Oh

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Feet of snow can suck pretty bad. When "The Perfect Storm" hit, the low ran through here before merging with that thing out of Canada off New England. I think we had around 4 feet here. 10+ drifts in lots of areas. Nobody could frigging move. Trees down everywhere.
    You should have been where I was during that thing. "We can't run out of it. Only option we have is to go deep and ride it out." 20 degree rolls with 50-100 foot instantaneous depth changes for hours and hours and hours. Talk about puke. It was everywhere. Even the saltiest of sailors chummed it up during that thing. Shew. I get nauseous at just the memory of it.

I was negative three years old. Snow is tolerable for one day to shoot doves in, after that it's gross and nappy. It's cold and it makes everything wet and cold. Dog poo is even worse. There's nothing like stepping on dog poo in the cold, it's not like it's even productive when you stomp and wipe your feet on the ground. Because it's covered in yankee flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Top lights went out, I told her that she’d have to live without them. It’s already toppled twice with the biggest stand we could find. I really dislike that tree.

I transplanted to the peedee, then transplanted to the mountains. Raised in the upstate.

Attachment 41342
    How old is your house? It looks like a place a haint would like to reside in.

I had to run down to Easley. Who knew that you had to go through Mexico to get here. There were snow flakes falling here and there all the way down to TR. And this does not start till Saturday. Sheesh.

Does not take much to convince me that 20 degree rolls in a tube 1000ft under would not be fun.

You had to go through Buh-rear didn't ya?

Try it on the surface. We were in port in Groton drinking beers when we got the call. Hauled out drunk asses to the boat, started her up and took off. Had to get to the 100 fathom to dive so the Old Man gave us 2 options; go thru the NE quadrant and suffer mightily for 6 hours or swing around the SW quadrant and suffer less than mightily for 22 hours. Easy call.

It was fucking awful, and I was one of only 2 guys not to puke. Because I was passed out. The other was best man in my wedding. He too was passed out.

Worst roll we took was 53°. Woke up to the foulest smelling boat ever. A buddy of mine from Beaufort, John Smalls, puked on another buddy of mine. John couldn’t get in the head because their were so many guys in there laying on the floor that he couldn’t get the door opened. Tony Markel (the other buddy) said his curtain on his rack flew open and there was John and John said, “sorry man”, grabbed Tony’s towel, covered his chest with it then puked all over it

Good times, good times : bigthumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Burrito.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Try it on the surface. We were in port in Groton drinking beers when we got the call. Hauled out drunk asses to the boat, started her up and took off. Had to get to the 100 fathom to dive so the Old Man gave us 2 options; go thru the NE quadrant and suffer mightily for 6 hours or swing around the SW quadrant and suffer less than mightily for 22 hours. Easy call.

It was fucking awful, and I was one of only 2 guys not to puke. Because I was passed out. The other was best man in my wedding. He too was passed out.

Worst roll we took was 53°. Woke up to the foulest smelling boat ever. A buddy of mine from Beaufort, John Smalls, puked on another buddy of mine. John couldn’t get in the head because their were so many guys in there laying on the floor that he couldn’t get the door opened. Tony Markel (the other buddy) said his curtain on his rack flew open and there was John and John said, “sorry man”, grabbed Tony’s towel, covered his chest with it then puked all over it

Good times, good times : bigthumb:
    Oh man.

North Atlantic + winter = es muy muy no bueno. el ever-o.

Glenn - How deep were y'all?

I guess I've never really given it much thought, but I always assumed being down deep would be a fairly safe and calm place during a storm like that. If it was that rough on your sub, it must be hell on the critters.

That is what I thought. Then Glen or Glenn told me you could be cruising along at 800 ft. and all of the sudden a cross current hits you like a, well, huge cross current. I bet the first people to run into that particular phenomenon, shat themselves mightily...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    The return trip was through redclayland. I went through Dacusville, which I would have sworn was in Georgia all 4 times I have heard of it. I did see a duckhole or 2 though, and one dove field. Missed totally out on Happy Cow and those cats sure are proud of their bridges in those parts...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Glenn - How deep were y'all?

I guess I've never really given it much thought, but I always assumed being down deep would be a fairly safe and calm place during a storm like that. If it was that rough on your sub, it must be hell on the critters.
    Deep. Like deep deep. Troughs and swells, man. You'd be cruising along at murmurmurmur hundreds feet, get the water pulled out from under and over the top of you all quick like and broach the surface and be at 80 feet then BAM, get in a swell and be back at mumblemurmur hundreds feet again. All while taking angles and rolls. I was sitting at launcher station strapped in my chair watching the depth gauge just go nuts.

There was no safe place during that nightmare. I couldn't imagine being on the surface in one of those fishing boats. The walls of water and wave height must have been impressive

Yeah buddy. Periscope Depth in a “calm” North Atlantic was bad enough.

We took the short route, hit the 100 fathom curve and shainghai’d for calmer parts unknown.

I don't think I was negative three during that storm.

Buncha Popeyes up in here.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I wish someone would tell these people to quit messing with the forecast for us. I'm liking it less and less each time I look at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I had to run down to Easley. Who knew that you had to go through Mexico to get here. There were snow flakes falling here and there all the way down to TR. And this does not start till Saturday. Sheesh.

Does not take much to convince me that 20 degree rolls in a tube 1000ft under would not be fun.

My drive every single day, cept I go all the way to 85 south and hit Anderson. Going through buh-rea at 0500 is sketchy. Lot of shit on the road that time a day.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    fishing line and tether it to the rail

Tether. That’s funny
    Last edited by TheVisorGuy; 12-06-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Tether. That’s funny
    I am sure he plays Tether Ball

Last edited by ecu1984; 12-07-2018 at 11:16 AM.

And so it begins. 3" already and it has not even started to get busy...