Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Processor- random question

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Basic cut is $55.00. What are you paying?
    $45 processing (basic cuts)
    $20-$25 skinning fee depending on weight of deer
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Thanks for the insight. I'm not bent out of shape over the situation, but was curious. Facts: Shot deer at dark. Took 15 minutes to find deer. Had to walk to truck and go pick up father. Drive back. Walk all the way to deer (because some douche bag stole my damn Polaris) and then drag a 125 pound doe about half of a mile with help from my 72 year father and 8 year old son. (You may be asking why in the heck I would shoot a dang doe that far from a vehicle. The answer is that my son was begging me to shoot it and he was so excited I couldn't keep saying "no.") Once in route at close to 7, I called the processor. No answer. However, the voicemail provided the above information regarding being open in the evening, so I continued on. Got there to find a shut down shop and had to drive another hour round trip to take it elsewhere (props to Northwest in Hodges for staying open an extra 30 minutes for me to get there). Again, not bent, but was curious about what reasonable expectations should be.

End of day they still run a business but most also have a family life, I can see when it is late in season and if nobody calls and during the week most are going to clear out of there ASAP. I think early on most are there trying to get deer processed but later on they get ready to go

The processor I use near my house lives across street and I will text him to let him know I am dropping a deer off. That spot is always and afternoon hunting spot but luckily I can be there in 5 minutes and normally drive right to where the deer are

Always sucks when you have to do as you described , in that case I would go ahead and gut deer and hope it is cold enough to hang it outside . I have done this many times

i just cant imagine driving an hour with a deer in my truck just so it can sit on some cement slab until the next day when I can knock the guts out of it in ten minutes.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and no matter what yall say, you're not doing shit but drying out venison during your "aging" (read: lazy) process. its science. not internet tough guy stuff.

and no matter what yall say, you're not doing shit but drying out venison during your "aging" (read: lazy) process. its science. not internet tough guy stuff.
    You mad, bro?

no
    but if i didnt respond, you guys wouldnt have the pleasure of "getting my goat" or however you spin it.

i'm nice like that.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You upstate boys got it rough. Down here, processors are open well into the night.
    The processors in the upstate haven't adapted to baiting, but lowcountry processors are still adjusting to buck tags. The market will reach an equilibrium just in time for the legislature to change something.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

i just cant imagine driving an hour with a deer in my truck just so it can sit on some cement slab until the next day when I can knock the guts out of it in ten minutes.
    Woah. I know how to shoot a deer, but you think I can clean one? Pshht. That's peasant stuff right there.
    Carolina Counsel

Labhumper must have an appointment with toofer today.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Woah. I know how to shoot a deer, but you think I can clean one? Pshht. That's peasant stuff right there.
    thank you for having a good attitude and appreciating good gentle ribbing (ribbed for your pleasure, of course)

Cordrays will take your first born, then skinning fee, then outrageous "meat handling" fee. It's a clean and good operation but not enough competition around to keep them priced within reason

Backwoods is 60$ for burger and how ever you would like your back straps and all you have to do is drop it off

Got to agree with 2doc ,10/20 mins and its wrap up and throwing fresh back straps on grill ,my trucks sucks up fuel

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    Backwoods is 60$ for burger and how ever you would like your back straps and all you have to do is drop it off

Yep. If you are in York, Chester or Fairfield county this place is worth the drive.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid