Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Did Dee-bo quit???

The same case could be made for kids not playing there serior year right? Looks like the great and almighty Deshaun Watson was a quitter..... he must of knew Clemson wouldn’t play in a meaningful game next year. Along with 3/4 of Clemson draftees

Explain to me how this insurance policies work some players (or all) get for career ending injuries while in college

I know Latimore had one but still no where near their lifetime possibilities in the NFL but if I am correct Marcus still ended up with couple million tax free dollars if I am correct

Who pays for these and are they there for anyone or just certain players, in other words do the insurance companies evaluate talent, NFL draft rank and etc

Quote Originally Posted by Edisto life View Post
    The same case could be made for kids not playing there serior year right? Looks like the great and almighty Deshaun Watson was a quitter..... he must of knew Clemson wouldn’t play in a meaningful game next year. Along with 3/4 of Clemson draftees
    Just when you think this place has reached its moron capacity......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    He gave 5yrs..... a broken leg.... a couple surgeries to a 7-5 program.

His stock has never been higher..... go get paid.

Fuck tearing a knee in the Charlotte bowl in front of 16,000 people
    Yeap.

Im sure there will be a few head coaches that take another job and don't coach their bowl game too. Or they'll try to do both. There's a big difference in quiting mid season and skipping a bowl game with no real implications.

It's becoming the trend for players to skip the bowl games. I don't like it but I understand it.

If you are a Carolina fan and have a problem with this, kick rocks. He was the highlight of these teams the last several years and already worked his ass off to get back from a broken leg. He's given the program a ton and doesn't have shit to prove by playing in the belk bowl, only a lot to lose.

If you are a Clemson fan and have a problem with this, you're probably just old and bitter.

As for the insurance policy. I have health insurance and full coverage on my truck. Even got a decent life insurance policy. I still put my seat belt on though.

He signed up for 4 years.

He gave them 5.

Good luck Deebo.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I dont have a problem with him not playing. He has been one of the unlucky college players that has dealt with numerous injuries and fought back from them.

If he was my son, Id advise him to do the same thing.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I didn't know there was a college "draft". I thought they were recruited to the school they attend. Learned something new today.

Seems he's very smart or has someone advising him that's very smart.

Not sure what your referring to. The fact Watson was a quitter also or them being in a relevant game. What’s the difference between deebo or Watson? One gave up one game the other gave up a whole season. You are ignorant to think they are no similarities. Both quit college football to go pro.

there is obviously no helping you.

but i think i'm safe saying no one agrees with you.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I recommend that you stop now. Two posts in and you’re sounding dumber each time.
    Carolina Counsel

I'm sorry. I'll stop.
    (and yes I know you aint talking to me)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Not sure what your referring to. The fact Watson was a quitter also or them being in a relevant game. What’s the difference between deebo or Watson? One gave up one game the other gave up a whole season. You are ignorant to think they are no similarities. Both quit college football to go pro.
    ok, Ill Bite.

Watson was given a scholarship to play football at Clemson. Scholarships are actually a year to year agreement. They can be given and they can be pulled. Deshawn played 3 years, earned his degree and went pro. That scholarship slot was then given to another player coming in or another deserving 'walk on. This brought the total scholarship players up to 85.

Had you used Kelly Bryant as your example, I would have agreed with you. Essentially, USuCk will go into the bowl game with 84 players (83 if you count Bailey) and short arguably their best player. They will not reap the full benefit of the scholarship agreement. As for the Belk Bowl; the offensive game plan will be different. Their special teams game plan will be different. I will bet it will affect the defensive game plan.

Does he have the right to quit? absolutely. Is it ok for him to do it? sure. I would bet if a nerdy computer science student got offered a multimillion dollar contract with Google or Microsoft, he too would leave in the middle of a semester.

I went to college to prepare me for my career. If that career had come early, then hey, college worked....diploma or not. Deebo is doing the same.

I am conflicted on the issue of players quitting mid year. I understand it, but Im conflicted.

I have ZERO issue with Juniors declaring for the draft after the season.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

in your world exactly what is a "relevant game"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbrhntr View Post
    in your world exactly what is a "relevant game"?
    Not sure South Carolina has played one in a number of years.

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    Not sure South Carolina has played one in a number of years.
    They were AT one in Atlanta a few years back

The score says they didnt "play in it."
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

What difference does it make if the game is “relevant” or not?? Aren’t ALL bowl games really exhibition games even the NC? What does a trophy for a school that you’re leaving mean if you’re about to make 20 million dollars? I understand it. But I hate it. Ut if we’re ok with he bowl, where does it end, last game 2, 3?? What does the regular season have to do with shit if you’re clearly a first rounder??
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Wrong thread
    Last edited by fowlshot; 12-04-2018 at 05:19 PM.