Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How good is Dutch Fork Football

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Good game so far. A ton of talent on both sides and some good coaching.
    From what you've seen, who's the best player on the field tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Them Wildcats are on a short list of our state's great football programs.
    Buddy of mine is one of the assistants at Dillon. He’s got a ring for every finger on one hand. Abbeville is up there too.

Well that escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaTomms View Post
    Buddy of mine is one of the assistants at Dillon. He’s got a ring for every finger on one hand. Abbeville is up there too.
    Indeed. If I had to choose, I think I'd rate Gaffney #1.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaTomms View Post
    Dillon is a testament to having a house representative for a head coach. Redrawing school district lines in the county to get atheletes and keep the student body size down. Dillon was 4A in the 90’s, couldn’t ever beat hartsville. Went to 3A, still couldn’t win. Finally pawned enough kids off on Lake View and Latta to get down to 2A. And whipped up on the smaller schools to get some states on the board. They’ll probably be back in 2A after the state loss this year.

LV is 1A ball, but they’ve got 10 or 11 state balls on the wall. And the most region championships of any team in the state. Including Summerville....

[QUOTE=BuckyTownsend;2561383]Dillon is a testament to having a house representative for a head coach. Redrawing school district lines in the county to get atheletes and keep the student body size down. Dillon was 4A in the 90’s, couldn’t ever beat hartsville. Went to 3A, still couldn’t win. Finally pawned enough kids off on Lake View and Latta to get down to 2A. And whipped up on the smaller schools to get some states on the board. They’ll probably be back in 2A after the state loss this year.

I agree. I’ve heard some sketchy stories behind closed doors about how things are handled around there. But you did help prove a point.... there’s a big difference in 5A/4A and 3A-scisa.
    Last edited by BubbaTomms; 12-07-2018 at 10:26 PM.

TL Hanna's doors fell off. It's now DF 59-20 with a couple minutes left.

Pickens has been silent since the pick 6 from what I can tell.

Final score DF 59 - 20.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Well that escalated quickly

WOW is all I can say, man that stop by DF on 4th goal and then to strip, scoop and score was HUGE.

Man I was impressed with DF QB, damn he has an arm and hits those 2 receivers in stride. Not bad coverage just ball on the money .

Downfall of any good wing t is IF they get behind by couple TD’s late in a game they are toast at that point

Congrats to DF, they are as good as advertised

Yep Zach is real deal, just think him playing both ways really wears him down
    Last edited by tprice; 12-08-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Chester team is legit
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

QB for DF looked like a young Nick Nolte
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    From what you've seen, who's the best player on the field tonight?
    Didn’t get to watch the second half route, but from first half alone I’d say #4 (I think) DF, receiver. Pickens looked decent I guess, was expecting a little more from him on the defensive side. Smaller o-linemen seemed to handle him fairly well
    Last edited by Baggy; 12-08-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Didn’t get to watch the second half route, but from first half alone I’d say #4 (I think) DF, receiver. Pickens looked decent I guess, was expecting a little more from him on the defensive side. Smaller o-linemen seemed to handle him fairly well
    I kind of agree about Pickens. He was not much of a disruptive force on defense with the exception of the pick six, which was nice but likely end DE could have made it after the QB tried to lob the pass over his head. I kinda expected him to be a real man among boys out there.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    I kind of agree about Pickens. He was not much of a disruptive force on defense with the exception of the pick six, which was nice but likely end DE could have made it after the QB tried to lob the pass over his head. I kinda expected him to be a real man among boys out there.

Pickens is a beast BUT he is NO WAY on the same level as Clowney if that is what USC fans are thinking however I do think they way they use him both ways at TLH wears down a big boy like that over a game. Asking a lot of him plus he is double and triple teamed most games but still is very disruptive . Very athletic as well, you could see that on the pick 6 he made . I see him ending up more as a DT than a DE . In all honesty I have seen him play since he was in middle school and never has really knocked my socks off but I have seen spurts but I only see him play couple times each year

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    QB for DF looked like a young Nick Nolte
    he is going to sign to play baseball at Climp5in

and my roommate punched a drunk Nick N. square in his mouth one night. He was in Wilmington,NC 1987 filming
    a movie and a raging alcoholic at a Mexican bar/restaurant my other roommate managed/partner (Papagayo's)....he showed out, was belligerent and vulgar and
    got knocked the fuck on his ass. He was arrested when the cops came. True story

Every football team in the Dutch Fork program went undefeated this year. C Team, B Team, JV and of course Varsity.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.