Thread: American Prairie Reserve

Default American Prairie Reserve

This is worth a read

https://missoulian.com/news/local/wh...ampaign=LEEDCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I quit reading at wolves and bears being a good thing, but I will pick it back up. Interesting and thank you for passing it along...

Good read, got rancher friends in Montana who want keep their ranch’s and raise cattle and pass the ranch tradition on to their children!!

Interesting read. It raises more questions than it provides answers. If I lived out there and some outside group came in with land management practices that could negatively impact my family’s way of life, I am sure I would oppose it too. After reading that article, the most disturbing thing to me was the desire to promote their new plains buffalo herd as a tourist attraction. All I can picture are open top photo safari trucks loaded with hipsters, blue haired granola crunchers, and a smelly dreadlock encrusted “guide” narrating their tour as they attempt to connect with their inner Lewis and Clark.

On the bright side, maybe Toyota would start selling the diesel HiLux in the US.

I didn't see anything about wolves and bears being a "good thing". Maybe I missed it. It's all voluntary, arm's length purchases. How many times have I heard "You want it preserved? Pay
    for it yourself".

$75,000,000 in donations raised to buy private land next to public wildlife refuges.........release buffalo to "free range" and take away 3.5 million acres of grasslands needed to raise local beef. Sounds like a bunch of Liberal anti hunter and PETA folks
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Freedom to contract. A bedrock conservative principle. If you don't like it, buy it yourself and run cattle.

Now that I have to agree with GMAC. The ranchers need to get Costner on board and start a Save the West campaign during Yellowstone this next year to raise a couple hundred million...