Thread: Build A Tradition Finnish Log Home

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Build A Tradition Finnish Log Home

I seen a horse fly... I even seen a house fly... But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything when I see a elephant fly.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race." ▬ Edmund Ruffin

"No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim." --W. Emerson Wright

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Once I started watching that last night I couldn't stop. Lots of hard work but it has a lot of old world wisdom and tricks of the trade from the past.
    I seen a horse fly... I even seen a house fly... But I be done seen 'bout ev'rything when I see a elephant fly.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race." ▬ Edmund Ruffin

"No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim." --W. Emerson Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Once I started watching that last night I couldn't stop. Lots of hard work but it has a lot of old world wisdom and tricks of the trade from the past.
    I watched it all at one time as well, very interesting
    Houndsmen are born, not made.

Rule #1: Dont shoot unless the dog barks

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Duck Cutter knows whats up.

Wow. That's an interesting take. A LOT different from the common Appalachian methods. I will build a small log home by hand before I retire. Id like to find some literature detailing the joints and other nuances to that style of building.

Unbelievably skilled with axe tools. That's a slick video.