Thread: Deck prep.

Default Deck prep.

Last spring while I was in the hospital having my left food amputated, some friends built me a handicap ramp and replaced the wood on my back deck. They painted a non-slip paint on the ramp and had just enough to paint a strip to the door. The rest of the deck did not get any thing . Now it has started turning green and slick. My B-I-L is going to paint the deck for me for Christmas but we need to get this green slime off first. What would be the best method to clean it short of sanding it. It is 10 x8 now that is bare. It may be spring before it gets done but we can start cleaning it now to get rid of the slick green slime of the treated lumber before some body bust their butt.

I would think a pressure washer
    867-5309

Default Deck prep.

Where are you located?

Edit: Just saw you are in York County. I have 2.5 gallons of the concentrated high dollar deck wash I would like to give you if I can figure out a way to transport from Lexington.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnny Reb; 11-27-2018 at 08:59 PM.

I can get it from Lexington to Greenville next Thursday.

That deck wash and a pressure washer will take care of it.

a pump up sprayer with 50% bleach/water- spray it down until soaked, let it sit a few minutes and hose off- if it doesn't get it all repeat and use a deck brush while soaking

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    a pump up sprayer with 50% bleach/water- spray it down until soaked, let it sit a few minutes and hose off- if it doesn't get it all repeat and use a deck brush while soaking
    Yep
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013