Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tamie hunters unite....

Default Tamie hunters unite....

\"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Dos chickens? This will ruffle some feathers.

SCWA will have to seek an exemption from the new USFW harvest regulations.

Why not make it drakes only and stop shooting hen mallards altogether since there is such a severe decline?

Historically, areas like Broad River Waterfowl used to hold a lot of mallards. It's a shame that $500,000 was spent by DU and it's partners to benefit Broad River Waterfowl area and the new "waterfowl biologist" is now targeting Ringnecks.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Where can a fella buy a few Gadwall? Asking for a friend.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Need to put the eastern mallard on the endangered species list!

Most of them will just shoot their two mallards and continue to keep the rest as live decoys to draw in their ringnecks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to head west

Goose guides on the Eastern Shore are gonna be hurting!
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    Goose guides on the Eastern Shore are gonna be hurting!
    Alot of them are/have switched to white geese.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-30-2018 at 08:07 PM.

This won’t hurt any release operation.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

This is the greatest waterfowl tragedy in my lifetime.
    One of the last mallard strongholds in the state cast to the wayside, because Cat1’s are all about numbers, and I’d honestly like someone to look me in the eye and tell me “we’re gearing this place towards ringnecks.”

Andrew, if you’re reading, i would love to meet with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    SCWA will have to seek an exemption from the new USFW harvest regulations.

Why not make it drakes only and stop shooting hen mallards altogether since there is such a severe decline?

Historically, areas like Broad River Waterfowl used to hold a lot of mallards. It's a shame that $500,000 was spent by DU and it's partners to benefit Broad River Waterfowl area and the new "waterfowl biologist" is now targeting Ringnecks.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    This is the greatest waterfowl tragedy in my lifetime.
    One of the last mallard strongholds in the state cast to the wayside, because Cat1’s are all about numbers, and I’d honestly like someone to look me in the eye and tell me “we’re gearing this place towards ringnecks.”

Andrew, if you’re reading, i would love to meet with you.
    I'll show for it as well. C, you myself ryan and Paul could have a decent discussion w him about projecting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

This is why you should have duck hunters running places like broad river instead of some 4 year degree idiot.

Did anybody hear what they killed at broad river this year.i'm drawn for the 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    This is why you should have duck hunters running places like broad river instead of some 4 year degree idiot.
    Yep-- Unfortunately, defining duck hunters these days you can have multiple variations....
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I hunted Broad River the first year of the draw hunts. It was epic. We killed GW teal, Wood ducks and WILD MALLARDS. Gadwalls were also in a bag. Frampton was the Head guy way before he was of the DNR. It was done right back then. We used to go back and sit across in the Broad from the place the days they would shoot and tearthere ass up coming off the impoundments.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I miss those days
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Guys behind us at broad river last year shot 40 something times and killed 2 wood ducks. I didnt see a single ringneck.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot_Commander View Post
    Did anybody hear what they killed at broad river this year.i'm drawn for the 8th.
    First hunt is Saturday on the opener
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    Guys behind us at broad river last year shot 40 something times and killed 2 wood ducks. I didnt see a single ringneck.
    Ringnecks didn't show up there last year in numbers to speak of.........thank goodness.