Thread: It's getting tougher every day...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default It's getting tougher every day...

Between having one small pond that is drying up and freezing over and the wind either blowing 30+ or not at all, I'm having to lie in ice water to fool fewer and fewer ducks. Add to that three different whiffs on sprigs this am, and I've decided its time to take the layout into the cut corn and shift my efforts to geese. I have a hand full of shells, and hopefully that will be enough. I'm going to go where they've been wanting to be, hide, shut the hell up, and hope they try to land on my blind. I managed to scratch out two or three each hunt for the last couple of days.

The spot was looking good...unfortunately many, many giant groups didn't seem to like the hunter-looking blob-of-danger trying to hide in the wide ass open. I did get permission to put a blind in here; now I need to figure out what kind of blind I can create that won't look like a blind.

This cool fella is thankful that I don't have a retriever. Unfortunately, I've fed this guy three mallards and a wigeon the last two weeks.
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 11-29-2018 at 03:52 PM. Reason: is
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!