Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Regulating Dog Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    I was hoping you’d go down this BS road. There’s is nothing limited about the whitetail deer in the LC. Next bullshit excuse
    you really need to stop talking in absolutes or I'm gonna enter the fray. .
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Some people thought the same thing about the Passenger Pigeon. How did that end up?
    One is a fowl and the other is a woods goat that can live anywhere and through anything in the state of SC. Fowl and mammals are two separate things. The deer has no serious predator besides man. He lives in an all you can eat buffet in the middle of ag country with no hard winters and no diseases that have been detected in SC. Yeah lets limit them so farmers have something else to fight all so people can "sport hunt".
    Last edited by PJ1012; 09-17-2019 at 10:59 AM.

That really was a poor answer.

that's it. Pj. its official.
    you're an idiot. I was giving you a chance after dildo and other stupid things you have said but you're just being young and arrogant and wrong. I guess maybe you should get used to it.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 09-17-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

One is a fowl and the other is a woods goat that can live anywhere and through anything in the state of SC. Fowl and mammals are two separate things. The deer has no serious predator besides man. He lives in an all you can eat buffet in the middle of ag country with no hard winters and no diseases that have been detected in SC. Yeah lets limit them so farmers have something else to fight all so people can "sport hunt".
    This is probably not the stupidest thing you have ever written, but for today it will suffice. You really should just back up 10 and punt before you completely destroy your reputation.

On second thought, never mind. That chicken flew the coop a long minute ago. Carry on.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

I was with you until you said "farmers have something else to fight". The only thing they fight around my area is the mailbox waiting on that check, some are honest but very few. The ones shooting deer with depredation permits are doing it for "sport" around here because when it comes time to harvest they don't care if it makes or not anyway. Then they put on some sob bs show about how they are going broke and then they get a check for not planting a few hundred acres.

If anyone wonders why the tag system was implemented, follow the money. Has nothing to do with a better system, follow the money. Charles Ruth and the Farm Bureau rep. sat side by side at those meetings shaking hands and giggling like little school girls together, follow the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Which meeting was this and what was the Farm Bureau’s Rep name?

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    I was with you until you said "farmers have something else to fight". The only thing they fight around my area is the mailbox waiting on that check, some are honest but very few. The ones shooting deer with depredation permits are doing it for "sport" around here because when it comes time to harvest they don't care if it makes or not anyway. Then they put on some sob bs show about how they are going broke and then they get a check for not planting a few hundred acres.

If anyone wonders why the tag system was implemented, follow the money. Has nothing to do with a better system, follow the money. Charles Ruth and the Farm Bureau rep. sat side by side at those meetings shaking hands and giggling like little school girls together, follow the money.
    You mean I don't have to sweat my ass off during the summer doing combine, tractor, and header maintenance, shoveling out grain bins and the countless other things that get me covered in grease and dust on a daily basis? Right now, I'd trade all this morning glory I'm not fighting for 1,000 more deer.

IMG_0847.JPG

Are you referring to Farm Bureau Insurance Company?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This has taken a silly turn.

What attorneys did the folks use in the lawsuit against IP?

You must not like to eat or wear clothes............

Farm Bureau Federation, its two different companies but under the same tree. The federation fights and lobbies for farmers. They help get passed the extra two tags we received for buying for this year because they knew 6 does total was not going to touch what needed to be killed in the LC and Pee Dee. Props to them for making it happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    This has taken a silly turn.

What attorneys did the folks use in the lawsuit against IP?
    Toy Nettles, he passed away a few years back, I think Marian Nettles is still practicing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most farmer and the FB understand that reducing buck limits leads to more does killed. Helping farmers. Unlimited bucks was the worse thing for farmers. Bachelor groups of bucks are not causing havoc on crops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Most farmer and the FB understand that reducing buck limits leads to more does killed. Helping farmers. Unlimited bucks was the worse thing for farmers. Bachelor groups of bucks are not causing havoc on crops.
    Oh because the bachelor groups of bucks aren't touching the crops? I driven in to a many of a cotton, peanut, and bean field and June and July and saw a bachelor group of a dozen bucks eating right along side the 40 does and fawns. They all eat a bean..... they all eat the cotton..... and they all eat peanuts. The farmer wants them all cut back. Blow that BS smoke of the bucks aren't causing damage up someone else's ass.

Also for whoever started the thread on dog hunting, I'm sorry I bit the bait from littlesticks5 or whatever his name is with his meaningless threats of shorter seasons and less tags. I don't care one way or another about the dog hunting. I would hate to see it go though because the people that do it right like PBiz shouldn't be punished.

Crop insurance will cover all deer browsing
    Tariff checks will buy new F-250’s

A few of you have simply outdone yourselves today. It's impressive actually.

Da hell going on here?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    A few of you have simply outdone yourselves today. It's impressive actually.
    Wait until we cover the incoming tele-check tomorrow and with tariffs on beef and pork the need to more venison.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    You mean I don't have to sweat my ass off during the summer doing combine, tractor, and header maintenance, shoveling out grain bins and the countless other things that get me covered in grease and dust on a daily basis? Right now, I'd trade all this morning glory I'm not fighting for 1,000 more deer.
    I didn't ever say all the farmers, but there are more around my area abusing the system than not.

They only stated he was from Farm Bureau and don't remember his name because I could care less. I know how politics work in SC.

You must not like to eat or wear clothes............
    I agree with what you are saying except for the farmer part. I can promise you quite a few in the low country should be in federal lock up for fraud in the millions, but if you think its about eating or clothes you are full of shit. I have plenty of the paperwork at the house to prove they have a very good safety net in place for them. If you don't know anything about the abuse that takes place then good for you but it's rampant and ridiculous how much it happens. Maybe if they cut the shit out, prices on my food and clothes will become more affordable.
    Last edited by swampshooter; 09-17-2019 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.