Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulating Dog Hunting

As a whole, have yall seen as many problems as you have say 5, 10, 15 years ago?

Is it any better?
    Worse?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by SC quacker2 View Post
    How close are they to this? Cost?
    I'm not certain, however with drones you can setup safety perimeters to keep them within. Same thing will happen with the Garmin's soon.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    I'm not certain, however with drones you can setup safety perimeters to keep them within. Same thing will happen with the Garmin's soon.
    You can set up perimeters with the Alpha and it alerts you when the dog gets out of designated area..

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    You can set up perimeters with the Alpha and it alerts you when the dog gets out of designated area..
    There you go.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

As a whole, have yall seen as many problems as you have say 5, 10, 15 years ago?

Is it any better?
    Worse?
    Less issues but I think you could contribute that to there are so many less dog clubs. Most all the ones ive know are shut down.

I finally upgraded to the Alpha. I have to sit down and learn how to set up the perimeters. Basically I'm still using mine like I did the 320 and the 220 before that. Do you have to set the perimeter before each hunt or will the Alpha save that info?

you can shock them into next week if they dont heed your earlier training requests..
    LOL.

Of course nobody trespasses like a still hunter. Nobody steals cameras like a still hunter. Nobody lies, cheats, and does underhanded things like a still hunter...

So lets give them a hotline and use their voice as gospel in hunting infractions..

Them dog men are killing all the bucks my QDMA is growing, bo.. Call the hotline sammy, we'll get them for sure this time..
    So i take it you do not see dog hunting being outlawed in the future, and proposing further regulation to curtail nuisance activity would not be of interest to you or dog hunters?

What is the name of the club you hunt with?

Below is how you can use the tip line:

text tips to keyword SCDNR along with your tip to 847411(tip411)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    So i take it you do not see dog hunting being outlawed in the future, and proposing further regulation to curtail nuisance activity would not be of interest to you or dog hunters?

What is the name of the club you hunt with?

Below is how you can use the tip line:

text tips to keyword SCDNR along with your tip to 847411(tip411)
    No sir I do not.. Proposing further regulation smells a whole lot like gun control.. Few Idiots making the woods a not as desirable place, now the legal beagle law abiders have to adhere to more rules and regulations...

I am the club, I just don't hunt with them.. We have hunted as a group since 1937, have been an established club since 1952..

I use more than the tip, hence why my wife is currently pregnant..

Ghetto sighting, Hey Ghetto

No sir I do not.. Proposing further regulation smells a whole lot like gun control.. Few Idiots making the woods a not as desirable place, now the legal beagle law abiders have to adhere to more rules and regulations...

I am the club, I just don't hunt with them.. We have hunted as a group since 1937, have been an established club since 1952..

I use more than the tip, hence why my wife is currently pregnant..
    More than the Tip Bwhahahahah that's some funny stuff right there....

Here we go.
    If a man breaks the law now as lenient as the laws are I bet the ponderosa they will with more regs!
    We are running all garmin on our club now and if a single dog gets out our hunts are shut down until down until dog is caught up and back on property. We stay away from neighbors that we’ve had issues with in the past until after lunch and must be back out by 3pm. We say kill brown deer and stop the dogs if you’re a stander on the property line.
    Last edited by CAJUN LAB; 11-29-2018 at 12:39 PM.

FOC Lawshe vs IP fixed most problems with existing laws.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    With the new Garmin Collars most of the dog hunting arguments are a moot point.
    Funsucker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Can we just outlaw strutter decoys?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Ghetto sighting, Hey Ghetto
    Hi, Ralph.

Good folks with 2-3 beagles can hunt a 100 acre thicket all day..

Handfull of jackasses can scatter 28 hounds across 10k acres in an hour or 3...

Its not a black and white fix..
    I don't see many people hunting beagles. And I've never seen someone only run 2 dogs.

I'm sure it could be done by a select few people who truly cared. But a minimum acreage law would be the quickest way to stop the renegade nonsense. And in my opinion it's needed to help save dog hunting. It's not the people doing it right that are the issue.

Is it any better?
    Worse?
    Better ,im still hunter but i will shoot the hell outa deer running in front of hounds,but it is better ,poor man is losing this battle

Is it any better?
    Worse?
    Worse. Feel free to call me if you want to know my issues but its not the large hunting clubs with land and rules that give me a fit.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I don't see many people hunting beagles. And I've never seen someone only run 2 dogs.

I'm sure it could be done by a select few people who truly cared. But a minimum acreage law would be the quickest way to stop the renegade nonsense. And in my opinion it's needed to help save dog hunting. It's not the people doing it right that are the issue.
    I'd be willing to bet if you hunt near Davis Station you've had an encounter with the same group of folks that run wild over here on the South side of the lake.