Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regulating Dog Hunting

Default Regulating Dog Hunting

As a hunter how would you regulate dog hunting in order to preserve the sport and prevent a potential total ban in the future?

My thoughts that I think a good dog club could get behind:

All dog hunting clubs would have to be licensed with a list of members names, dogs, and landowner's.
    Any club with 3 reported violations would be fined $1500 and a letter from SCDNR would be mailed to the landowner and club members explaining nuisance activity. If nuisance activity continues after fine all club members would lose dog hunting rights for 1 year on that property.

Nuisance activity would be hunting from public roads, releasing dogs on public roads, loaded guns in trucks, dogs running on others property, etc.

Reports and evidence would be reported through SCDNR tip website/tip line.

All dog hunting (hog/raccoon), and still hunting violators would be included and subject to violations being reported.

I would think something of this nature would cause a good bit of self regulation such as respecting neighboring properties, using short legged dogs, not dropping dogs off on the highways and hunting highways etc.

Unsure if this annual thread has been summoned this year or not?

popcorn time . . .
    Carolina Counsel

Yeah, how bout let's enforce the laws against trespassing and outlaw bullshit that are already on the books rather than making new laws that will only effect the guys that are trying to do it right to begin with......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The "tip" hotline wouldnt work. They'd have so many BS calls "ratting" on someone that probably didnt really do anything.

Ask PBiz.

Minimum Acreage law

close thread

There already is a tip line.

You could text concrete nuisance evidence such as road hunting, or captured dogs to etc.

High fence a place like texas... grow munster Does and running em with Hounds.....

With the new Garmin Collars most of the dog hunting arguments are a moot point.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    With the new Garmin Collars most of the dog hunting arguments are a moot point.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Minimum Acreage law

close thread
    I agree

Back on this bullshit again....

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    How so?
    You can see exactly where the dogs are and tone them when they are getting out of an area if you choose too.......you'll see the functionality soon that perimeters can be setup to keep them within certain boundaries as well, if it doesn't exist already.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

How so?
    Great Question Akim!!!

Most of what Ricky is saying.. Added you can shock them into next week if they dont heed your earlier training requests..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Minimum Acreage law

close thread
    Good folks with 2-3 beagles can hunt a 100 acre thicket all day..

Handfull of jackasses can scatter 28 hounds across 10k acres in an hour or 3...

Its not a black and white fix..

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Great Question Akim!!!

Most of what Ricky is saying.. Added you can shock them into next week if they dont heed your earlier training requests..
    And as someone who tries to do it right, I'm sure you would use them to do just that. Unfortunately, my experience is that a lot of dog hunters just don't give a damn if their dogs run all over hell and back. And those fancy GPS collars just make it easier for them to pinpoint where to go on my road frontage to retrieve their hounds.

Of course nobody trespasses like a still hunter. Nobody steals cameras like a still hunter. Nobody lies, cheats, and does underhanded things like a still hunter...

So lets give them a hotline and use their voice as gospel in hunting infractions..

Them dog men are killing all the bucks my QDMA is growing, bo.. Call the hotline sammy, we'll get them for sure this time..

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    ....you'll see the functionality soon that perimeters can be setup to keep them within certain boundaries as well, if it doesn't exist already.
    How close are they to this? Cost?

And as someone who tries to do it right, I'm sure you would use them to do just that. Unfortunately, my experience is that a lot of dog hunters just don't give a damn if their dogs run all over hell and back. And those fancy GPS collars just make it easier for them to pinpoint where to go on my road frontage to retrieve their hounds.
    In all seriousness, that's sorry on their part..

All GPS units don't have a training capacity, but the Alphas have brought the sport a long long ways from what it was..

But as awesome as this new technology is, sometimes a collar doesn't track, sometimes you end up tracking the wrong dog.. It's not 100 percent effective, but like I said, we're a long ways from where we began..

Difference in me and those idiots hunting beside you, is that I do care where my hounds are running.. I want them running my deer on my property.. Where I can legally shoot the piss out of them in my woods..

PM me your whereabouts.. I love the sport and I love killing deer, but I can't stand a sombitch that would put running hounds in jeopardy..

Have you ever spoken with them?

Dogs can’t read Posted signs Bo....
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson