Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 208

Thread: Regulating Dog Hunting

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    They only stated he was from Farm Bureau and don't remember his name because I could care less. I know how politics work in SC.
    Who are “they”? Are you insisting something dirty happen because “they” said so?

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edisto River
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Who are “they”? Are you insisting something dirty happen because “they” said so?
    It was at the tag meeting in Walterboro, no need to take out your tin foil hat.

    Note: You might be a politician trying to make a play on words like that!
    Last edited by swampshooter; 09-17-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Da hell going on here?????
    People trying to out stupid each other.....
    Last edited by Whackumstackum; 09-17-2019 at 05:29 PM.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    I didn't ever say all the farmers, but there are more around my area abusing the system than not.



    They only stated he was from Farm Bureau and don't remember his name because I could care less. I know how politics work in SC.



    I agree with what you are saying except for the farmer part. I can promise you quite a few in the low country should be in federal lock up for fraud in the millions, but if you think its about eating or clothes you are full of shit. I have plenty of the paperwork at the house to prove they have a very good safety net in place for them. If you don't know anything about the abuse that takes place then good for you but it's rampant and ridiculous how much it happens. Maybe if they cut the shit out, prices on my food and clothes will become more affordable.
    I don’t post here often but I do browse quite a bit. I farm 3,300 acres in Orangeburg County. Put your boots on and come follow me for a day. Bring that paperwork with you when you come. My family has been here 231 years (maybe more undocumented) I will show you what really goes on day to day and let you look at my bank accounts, then we will go find these frauds... make sure you bring plenty of gas $ because I can assure you we will have to ride a long ways from the house to find them. I don’t know how to also quote your previous post about mailbox farmers etc, but I will tell you the pain is real. 231 years my family has farmed the same home place and it is nip and tuck to make it today... farmers damn sure aren’t the reason your clothes and food is expensive. I drive a brand new truck because I won it...not because of my mailbox $ but every neighbor for 6 months said oh farming must be good and that made me realize how sad it is the general public has no clue how the real world works in agriculture.
    As far as dog hunting is concerned I, as a farmer, support it. 95 splits my farm and east is dog hunted by a good club that is doing it the right way, West is all still hunting. I’d say there is 75% less deer damage at a minimum where the dog club is and it is not because there are less deer, they have killed over 20 bucks already this year.
    Deer cost me $50,000+ a year. It is not only direct damage it is planting corn on sandier land because I can’t plant beans there and then we have a may and June like this year. That it is what the general public or the weekend farmer doesn’t understand. Also in reference to another post crop insurance will not typically cover deer damage unless you have optional units which are much more expensive and doesn’t pencil in $8.60 beans. If you don’t farm you don’t understand crop insurance and that is 250% fact.
    I’ll show you those numbers when you come follow me to the mailbox, just make sure you bring your boots.

    Edit to add you don’t understand politics if you don’t understand why someone would be friendly with a “foe”. I have testified to different committees at the state house for farm bureau 5+ times. Sometimes in politics you give so you can take but you already knew that
    Last edited by coon hunter; 09-17-2019 at 07:06 PM.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Kirksey
    Posts
    9,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    People trying to out stupid each other.....
    Am I mistaken or do I remember reading on here that PJ is your brother-n-law?
    Houndsmen are born, not made.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Duck Cutter knows whats up.
    Stuff that works, stuff that holds up, the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    3,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Am I mistaken or do I remember reading on here that PJ is your brother-n-law?
    Sure is.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,229

    Default

    Now we deer huntin! Carry on!

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    St. Matthews, SC
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    I don’t post here often but I do browse quite a bit. I farm 3,300 acres in Orangeburg County. Put your boots on and come follow me for a day. Bring that paperwork with you when you come. My family has been here 231 years (maybe more undocumented) I will show you what really goes on day to day and let you look at my bank accounts, then we will go find these frauds... make sure you bring plenty of gas $ because I can assure you we will have to ride a long ways from the house to find them. I don’t know how to also quote your previous post about mailbox farmers etc, but I will tell you the pain is real. 231 years my family has farmed the same home place and it is nip and tuck to make it today... farmers damn sure aren’t the reason your clothes and food is expensive. I drive a brand new truck because I won it...not because of my mailbox $ but every neighbor for 6 months said oh farming must be good and that made me realize how sad it is the general public has no clue how the real world works in agriculture.
    As far as dog hunting is concerned I, as a farmer, support it. 95 splits my farm and east is dog hunted by a good club that is doing it the right way, West is all still hunting. I’d say there is 75% less deer damage at a minimum where the dog club is and it is not because there are less deer, they have killed over 20 bucks already this year.
    Deer cost me $50,000+ a year. It is not only direct damage it is planting corn on sandier land because I can’t plant beans there and then we have a may and June like this year. That it is what the general public or the weekend farmer doesn’t understand. Also in reference to another post crop insurance will not typically cover deer damage unless you have optional units which are much more expensive and doesn’t pencil in $8.60 beans. If you don’t farm you don’t understand crop insurance and that is 250% fact.
    I’ll show you those numbers when you come follow me to the mailbox, just make sure you bring your boots.

    Edit to add you don’t understand politics if you don’t understand why someone would be friendly with a “foe”. I have testified to different committees at the state house for farm bureau 5+ times. Sometimes in politics you give so you can take but you already knew that
    C0FA83D3-27BF-4291-AA07-58B6B3E4C937.jpeg

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edisto River
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    I don’t post here often but I do browse quite a bit. I farm 3,300 acres in Orangeburg County. Put your boots on and come follow me for a day. Bring that paperwork with you when you come. My family has been here 231 years (maybe more undocumented) I will show you what really goes on day to day and let you look at my bank accounts, then we will go find these frauds... make sure you bring plenty of gas $ because I can assure you we will have to ride a long ways from the house to find them. I don’t know how to also quote your previous post about mailbox farmers etc, but I will tell you the pain is real. 231 years my family has farmed the same home place and it is nip and tuck to make it today... farmers damn sure aren’t the reason your clothes and food is expensive. I drive a brand new truck because I won it...not because of my mailbox $ but every neighbor for 6 months said oh farming must be good and that made me realize how sad it is the general public has no clue how the real world works in agriculture.
    As far as dog hunting is concerned I, as a farmer, support it. 95 splits my farm and east is dog hunted by a good club that is doing it the right way, West is all still hunting. I’d say there is 75% less deer damage at a minimum where the dog club is and it is not because there are less deer, they have killed over 20 bucks already this year.
    Deer cost me $50,000+ a year. It is not only direct damage it is planting corn on sandier land because I can’t plant beans there and then we have a may and June like this year. That it is what the general public or the weekend farmer doesn’t understand. Also in reference to another post crop insurance will not typically cover deer damage unless you have optional units which are much more expensive and doesn’t pencil in $8.60 beans. If you don’t farm you don’t understand crop insurance and that is 250% fact.
    I’ll show you those numbers when you come follow me to the mailbox, just make sure you bring your boots.

    Edit to add you don’t understand politics if you don’t understand why someone would be friendly with a “foe”. I have testified to different committees at the state house for farm bureau 5+ times. Sometimes in politics you give so you can take but you already knew that
    Once again I didn't say all farmers. If you don't like what I am saying and are not guilty of what I am saying, then talk to your farming friends about why they are abusing the system. There is a lot more money out there than just crop insurance. If commodities are down the government makes up the difference, subsidies, cover crop money, half price seed for replanting if crop fails. Hell they even pay not to plant when conditions are "unfair".

    By the way I come from a farming family on both sides, we just didn't hold our hands out all the time. If you are doing it right good for you but there are a lot that are not. Maybe I am just surrounded by a bunch of bad eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Irmo
    Posts
    3,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    I don’t post here often but I do browse quite a bit. I farm 3,300 acres in Orangeburg County. Put your boots on and come follow me for a day. Bring that paperwork with you when you come. My family has been here 231 years (maybe more undocumented) I will show you what really goes on day to day and let you look at my bank accounts, then we will go find these frauds... make sure you bring plenty of gas $ because I can assure you we will have to ride a long ways from the house to find them. I don’t know how to also quote your previous post about mailbox farmers etc, but I will tell you the pain is real. 231 years my family has farmed the same home place and it is nip and tuck to make it today... farmers damn sure aren’t the reason your clothes and food is expensive. I drive a brand new truck because I won it...not because of my mailbox $ but every neighbor for 6 months said oh farming must be good and that made me realize how sad it is the general public has no clue how the real world works in agriculture.
    As far as dog hunting is concerned I, as a farmer, support it. 95 splits my farm and east is dog hunted by a good club that is doing it the right way, West is all still hunting. I’d say there is 75% less deer damage at a minimum where the dog club is and it is not because there are less deer, they have killed over 20 bucks already this year.
    Deer cost me $50,000+ a year. It is not only direct damage it is planting corn on sandier land because I can’t plant beans there and then we have a may and June like this year. That it is what the general public or the weekend farmer doesn’t understand. Also in reference to another post crop insurance will not typically cover deer damage unless you have optional units which are much more expensive and doesn’t pencil in $8.60 beans. If you don’t farm you don’t understand crop insurance and that is 250% fact.
    I’ll show you those numbers when you come follow me to the mailbox, just make sure you bring your boots.

    Edit to add you don’t understand politics if you don’t understand why someone would be friendly with a “foe”. I have testified to different committees at the state house for farm bureau 5+ times. Sometimes in politics you give so you can take but you already knew that
    They need to be shooting does from here on out. If they shoot more bucks than does then they are not helping you as much as they could.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Border of both Carolinas
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    Yes it was. That was the underlying factor QDMA was looking at. If it wasn’t what was? And if you say a falling deer herd I’m going to laugh in your face
    Quality deer management teaches a balanced age structure of bucks in the deer herd, not growing bigger antlers.

    Most folks in QDMA understand that smaller bodied deer will typically have smaller antlers at maturity than big bodied deer do.

    Growing B & C entry deer was never the goal in South Carolina. They will never be common in hot climate.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Providence
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    Once again I didn't say all farmers. If you don't like what I am saying and are not guilty of what I am saying, then talk to your farming friends about why they are abusing the system. There is a lot more money out there than just crop insurance. If commodities are down the government makes up the difference, subsidies, cover crop money, half price seed for replanting if crop fails. Hell they even pay not to plant when conditions are "unfair".

    By the way I come from a farming family on both sides, we just didn't hold our hands out all the time. If you are doing it right good for you but there are a lot that are not. Maybe I am just surrounded by a bunch of bad eggs.
    Half price seed comes from distributors who have already been paid for the seed you planted the first time. Being paid to not plant when conditions are unfair doesn’t exist... unless you mean prevent plant which is a form of crop insurance that you have the option of paying a premium for months before you know what planting conditions will be. There have been market facilitation payments made, but my math says there is still a .10/lbs gap on cotton. .10x1000lb x 1000 acres.... that’s what I will still be short. And “cover crop money” is a Nrcs program designed to promote soil health and sustainability the program has stringent rules and requirements.

    You not the general public have any clue what agriculture is in 2019 unless you do it everyday.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Manning, SC
    Posts
    10,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Wait until we cover the incoming tele-check tomorrow and with tariffs on beef and pork the need to more venison.
    If we could find someone that had a friend's uncle that saw DNR hauling coyotes to be released, then we'd have the cycle.


    Most of you couldn't last a week walking in a farmers shoes. Myself included. Jealousy is a helluva thing.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Edisto River
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coon hunter View Post
    Half price seed comes from distributors who have already been paid for the seed you planted the first time. Being paid to not plant when conditions are unfair doesn’t exist... unless you mean prevent plant which is a form of crop insurance that you have the option of paying a premium for months before you know what planting conditions will be. There have been market facilitation payments made, but my math says there is still a .10/lbs gap on cotton. .10x1000lb x 1000 acres.... that’s what I will still be short. And “cover crop money” is a Nrcs program designed to promote soil health and sustainability the program has stringent rules and requirements.

    You not the general public have any clue what agriculture is in 2019 unless you do it everyday.
    It sounds like deer are the least of your worries. By the way you skipped the part about subsidies. You also skipped the part where double dipping takes place, getting a check for a unharvestable crop and then harvesting it anyway.

    https://farm.ewg.org/region.php?fips...=SouthCarolina

    If you are not familiar with the site it breaks it down by name and Orangeburg county is the highest for money received. If it's not profitable, maybe you should try a plant because for others it's pretty lucrative.

    Start up a buisness that doesn't involve ag and see how much government helps you. I am far from jealous just realistic and done on this topic.
    Last edited by swampshooter; 09-18-2019 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hartsville
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Coon Hunter, I'm guessing you are the young farmer that won the new truck from Farm Bureau for success in ag production and leadership. Congratulations on that.

    I've been in or around the Ag business most of my life and know most of the farmers around my area, and I am grateful to be able to work with them. They don't deserve to be painted with a broad brush as folks that are out to abuse the system.

    I have no idea how we got here. ha

    As for farmer's deer problems, I am a proponent of depredation permits, and like that they changed the rule where you can retrieve the deer you kill. For cutting down the population through hunters, most people prefer still hunters because of the success rate. If you had a group of renegade dog hunters whose dogs ventured on others people's property (OPP), then of course you are subject to legal action as well.
    Last edited by Ghetto; 09-18-2019 at 08:25 AM.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    St. Matthews, SC
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    We are moving forward, the crazy August 15th is the next carpet bagger law we are going to repeal.
    That’s how we got here. Littlestick5 has been elected to the senate and is repealing laws. I’m sorry we ruined your dog hunting page. Carry on
    Last edited by PJ1012; 09-18-2019 at 08:41 AM.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Kirksey
    Posts
    9,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    Coon Hunter, I'm guessing you are the young farmer that won the new truck from Farm Bureau for success in ag production and leadership. Congratulations on that.

    I've been in or around the Ag business most of my life and know most of the farmers around my area, and I am grateful to be able to work with them. They don't deserve to be painted with a broad brush as folks that are out to abuse the system.

    I have no idea how we got here. ha

    As for farmer's deer problems, I am a proponent of depredation permits, and like that they changed the rule where you can retrieve the deer you kill. For cutting down the population through hunters, most people prefer still hunters because of the success rate. If you had a group of renegade dog hunters whose dogs ventured on others people's property (OPP), then of course you are subject to legal action as well.
    OPP made me think of OPL (other people’s land)

    2 members on here had a couple videos a while back where they would act like it was a hunting show and they were trespassing. They called it OPL OUTDOORS and always ended the video with “ see us next time in your woods or on your water”

    Sorry for the randomness but it gave me a much needed laugh this morning
    Houndsmen are born, not made.

    Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Duck Cutter knows whats up.
    Stuff that works, stuff that holds up, the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Hartsville
    Posts
    740

    Default

    Also someone named, "BET" is viewing the thread. hmm

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    charleston
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post

    Growing B & C entry deer was never the goal in South Carolina. They will never be common in hot climate.
    They got plenty in Texas and Mexico- gets hot as blazes there.

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    St. Matthews, SC
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    They got plenty in Texas and Mexico- gets hot as blazes there.
    And in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi. The difference in those states and here... no imported deer when deer were being restocked. SC relocated their own deer while those states brought deer in from out of state.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •