Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Regulating Dog Hunting

There are Pennsylvania deer in pelzer. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    And in Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi. The difference in those states and here... no imported deer when deer were being restocked. SC relocated their own deer while those states brought deer in from out of state.
    Elk have migrated all the way from Cataloochee to Longtown, but Albertan deer won’t swim across from Georgia? Nonsense.

Looks like Duck Tape had the right idea after all.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Elk have migrated all the way from Cataloochee to Longtown, but Albertan deer won’t swim across from Georgia? Nonsense.

Looks like Duck Tape had the right idea after all.
    How are a few deer swimming back and forth across the Savannah going to change the SC genetics as a whole??? Terrible analogy. Also elk migrate every year..... whitetails do not...... another terrible analogy
    Last edited by PJ1012; 09-18-2019 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    How are a few deer swimming back and forth across the Savannah going to change the SC genetics as a whole??? Terrible analogy. Also elk migrate every year..... whitetails do not...... another terrible analogy
    Sorry genius, I forgot to hit the ‘sarcasm’ font button.

I thought it was just the magic of the internet, but you just aren’t really too bright, are you?
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    They got plenty in Texas and Mexico- gets hot as blazes there.
    The soils there produce unreal protein. During drought years antler growth decreases. Bergman’s rule still applies. South Texas deer Body size are much smaller than NE deer but have larger antlers on average because of and age, genetics and nutrition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    They got plenty in Texas and Mexico- gets hot as blazes there.
    Texas is fifth in B&C entries, behind four grain-belt, harsh-winter states. 6-10 on the list are more cold-assed states with hard winters and bigger-bodied deer. Texas is an exception to the rule. With the vast majority of their entries coming from the south west corner of the southern panhandle. The midwestern states are in the top ten show almost their entire state in yellow or red.Screenshot 2019-09-18 at 5.37.33 PM.png
    Last edited by w33kender; 09-18-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

If you took a girl deer hunting in a stand and there wasn't any action, you deserve to lose her to some redneck dog catcher.

So I have walked 3 different fields of ours today seeing if I can locate any quail. They are about a mile to 3 miles apart from one another and in each field I have encountered someone’s mutt. I didn’t mind the first two so much as they were right on the property line, and it’s possible they have permission. The 3rd one just emerged from a block of woods that I was about walk, hoping to put a stalk on a deer. This part of the farm is further away from the other fields and is definitely off limits to dogs. Fuck a sloppy dog club.

Catch em and call the game warden

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Catch em and call the game warden
    yep, its about all you can do. It isn't the dog's fault

If you catch them and they have tracking collars, then the owners will come and they can talk with GW . Good to have dogs in your possession, if you call GW . It’s hard to prove without the dogs

Yeah, I couldn’t catch any of these. I drove around just now trying to find their redneck owners, but they must all be stuffing their faces somewhere. I’m sure they’ll be driving around later with their satellite dishes hanging out the window driving all over someone else’s property to get their collars back.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Yeah, I couldn’t catch any of these. I drove around just now trying to find their redneck owners, but they must all be stuffing their faces somewhere. I’m sure they’ll be driving around later with their satellite dishes hanging out the window driving all over someone else’s property to get their collars back.
    Without the dogs in your possession, your call to the GW is a quarter wasted. 99% of the time the owners have a hard time catching them. In Jawja the dogs are the owners responsibility, the owners get 3 tickets and they just put another club members collar on same dogs and keep rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Without the dogs in your possession, your call to the GW is a quarter wasted. 99% of the time the owners have a hard time catching them. In Jawja the dogs are the owners responsibility, the owners get 3 tickets and they just put another club members collar on same dogs and keep rolling
    Georgia laws are different than SC. Actually there is no law to help the landowner to prevent trespassing dogs.

Wskinner, holding the dog until the GW arrives wont do any good unless the owner stops on the highway with a gun inside his vehicle. That's the only violation on the books. The GW may check the highway for renegade doghunter act violations but that's about it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 12-07-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Need to ban still hunting

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    Need to ban still hunting
    Who said anything about banning dog hunting? I don’t have a problem with it, I have a problem with rednecks who don’t know how the concept of mutual respect works.
    Last edited by wskinner; 12-07-2019 at 03:04 PM.