Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prodigy or Timber Creek Boats and GTR motor opinions

I priced a prodigy once. Ive got a godevil. Every boat is gonna have a problem from time to time. When they are selling like hotcakes due to demand some quality control is bound to suffer a time or two. When edges were the craze a member in here ordered one and it was terrible. Bottom looked like boat was used as a see saw by two sumo wrestlers. It got replaced. Hey if you can afford one and it makes you happy who gives a flying flip what others think of you. My little boat only cost a little more than one of those new fangled italian shotguns and i can drive to places that some of those 30k igs only dream of
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of a dealer in the midlands.
    A2Z Boats. Keeping Rubberheads on the water..

If you’re getting a Gator-Tail motor, get a a Gator-Tail boat. Nothing compares to performance out of that combo.

I'd buy a go devil. Mines a 1994 and I'll put it up against any mud hull on the market. Damn thing is a tank
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    I'd buy a go devil. Mines a 1994 and I'll put it up against any mud hull on the market. Damn thing is a tank
    Just like vehicles, sometime the oldies are the best.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Just like vehicles, sometime the oldies are the best.
    Yep Mine still blowing smoke lol
    Last edited by coot nasty; 11-28-2018 at 08:49 PM.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    Sounds like we need a local boat builder..
    Low Country Boats? Off shop road in cola...

Just saw where Prodigy listed a USED rig for $30k.... 18' with 60 Merc....wheewwww.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Who are y’all using for your gator tails and excel purchases?

I have a godevil. You can buy a whole rig (used) for less than what some ppl spend just on the new motors. Crazy how much some of those boats cost now.

Be patient and buy used. Go look at a bunch of them and test drive them all. I picked up a 1754 Gator Trax Hybrid and GTR with full catwalk boxes, hunt deck, extended front deck, spuds, trolling motor, down imaging unit, spare prop, and a bunch of other accessories for less than half of a new one.

Personally, I’d stay away from Gator Trax because they will end up getting a hook in the bottom. The way they do their hunt decks, they run a piece of aluminum completely to the bottom of the bottom. Run stumps enough, it’s just a matter of time.

Now they could have changed that design lately but as far as I know, they haven’t.

I bought a used 1648 gator trax with a 31 mud buddy with 76 hours two years ago. It only set me back five grand. I love it and it was a hell of a deal. ETaylors Prodigy is one hell of s nice boat as well. There are a lot of good choices out there.0
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

and yall give me shit for a $150 frying pan....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by D's Tees View Post
    Low Country Boats? Off shop road in cola...
    and i drive by this place 57 times a week....and now there's a sign for party rental stuff. I reckon they are busy building boats inside but I sure dont know...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and yall give me shit for a $150 frying pan....
    $160.00
    More fuel = more boost!!

Default Just a monthly payment bruh

LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Cosmetically, prodigy's are nice boats. We've had 2 now. An 1854 (multipurpose rig w/ single prodrive) and now a 2072 (bowfishing rig w/ twin GTR's). Both heavy as hell. I would save your money and go another route. I wont bash every detail, but i will say, corners were cut on anything that was out of plain sight on the prodigy's.

ETA: Customer service was poor as well through both build processes. You tend to expect a little more when you pay that kind of money for a custom aluminum boat.
    Last edited by ChickenFlip; 11-29-2018 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    and i drive by this place 57 times a week....and now there's a sign for party rental stuff. I reckon they are busy building boats inside but I sure dont know...
    Very busy. Pretty cool what they have going on.

Thank you to all who have replied so far. I am going to take my time making the decision on what to do and everyone has given me a lot to think about. I will say that my conversations with Tyler at Timber Creek have been great and he does a much better job than most making sure the boat is going to be everything you need and want. That said, it is very hard to spend that kind of money on a duck boat but I buy things to keep, not trade in 5-10 years so I'm at least considering it. My triton has served me well over the years but has always been a limiting factor in hunting the way I want to and at the point in my life that I didn't let it, I blew a mercury to the point of no repair. My wife and I have both decided that we need a boat that does what we need and is designed to do that instead of trying to have a boat we might be able to do a little bit of everything in. When you look at a used rig, what do you look at to ensure it hasn't been abused and been taken care of? The last thing I want to do is spend a bunch of money on someone else's problems and I equate a used mud rig to a used fourwheeler, maybe I'm wrong in that assessment.
    For the ducks