Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to me BOW

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    I just bought my Tribute back from the boy I sold it to because I really liked it. I would go shoot some newer models and take that tribute along and see if the newer stuff is really worth the $$$ to you.
    I also have a Tribute that I promised myself I'd never sale. It's a great bow that fits me like a Trojan magnum. However, as much as I love it, it's a long way from my RPM. My RPM is faster, more forgiving, quieter, and has less hand shock. The main thing that blew me away with the RPM is how easy it is to be accurate. After putting an HHA on it I can easily shoot softball sized groups at 70 yards.

Damn it. Of course all of this was before my disc issue.

I want something not as jumpy as my tribute . Not sure of the proper term .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    I want something not as jumpy as my tribute . Not sure of the proper term .
    Almost all new bows are going to be pretty much dead in hand.

If you are going to a shop just too shoot a few bows. Knowing you aren't going to buy and that makes you feel bad. Offer to pay them for there time. I agree with most of the others. Go shoot as many as possible.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

"Showrooming". I have a good friend who runs the best fishing tackle shops in the Charleston area and he laments how much time people steal from his well-paid employees doing this. He operates on thin margins and this kind of thing can put a good shop out of business. People like to bitch about how Walmart is killing mom and pop shops but find excuses to justify taking directly from them.

People who came in and wasted my time trying bows only to order from the internet pissed me off.

They were remembered when they brought it in for modules or any other work performed on it. If you didn’t purchase it from it me, it was $45 to touch it. I didn’t care if it was a changing strings and cables or tiring a loop. $45 plus materials.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    People who came in and wasted my time trying bows only to order from the internet pissed me off.

They were remembered when they brought it in for modules or any other work performed on it. If you didn’t purchase it from it me, it was $45 to touch it. I didn’t care if it was a changing strings and cables or tiring a loop. $45 plus materials.
    Speaking to this if you do buy a bow online keep in mind only a few models have rotating mods to change draw length. Most will require a module or some even a cam swap to get the draw length fit to you. And bow sizes run different. You might be a 28” in a bowtech and a 28.5” in a Mathews. Just figure in you’ll have to buy mods or cams off eBay if you buy a brand your local shop doesn’t carry, and you might not get the right sizing the first try.