Thread: Taxidermy Questions

Default Taxidermy Questions

I am going on a out of state trip soon. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch but did have a question about taxidermy in general. I have 0 ducks mounted and wife said I could get 1.

Anyways what are some tips on getting the best out of a mount? Do yall have any recommendations in SC? Do you just haul the bird back in the cooler or find somewhere locally?

Thanks

If you want it done in state I would recommend Randy Jordan in Fort Lawn if you are somewhat close. I trust him with anything I shoot and have always been pleased. Out of state, Shane Smith is a go to for many on here.

https://scducks.com/forum/showthread...he-taxidermist

HEAD does fine work and is a site sponsor. Fowl Mouth Taxidermy

Before I looked for a taxidermist I would try and find a doctor to re-attach my nuts........ "My wife said I could get one", Lord have mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Before I looked for a taxidermist I would try and find a doctor to re-attach my nuts........ "My wife said I could get one", Lord have mercy.
    Yep.
    Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I dunno, but being a good duck hunter and shooting woodducks have nothing in common.

You know any real good dove hunters?

Fun as hell, but.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by CUfisherman View Post
    I am going on a out of state trip soon. I am not counting my chickens before they hatch but did have a question about taxidermy in general. I have 0 ducks mounted and wife said I could get 1.

Anyways what are some tips on getting the best out of a mount? Do yall have any recommendations in SC? Do you just haul the bird back in the cooler or find somewhere locally?

Thanks

Just wow. It’s ok buddy you can stand up to her. It will be better on the other end no matter what.

But yeah contact HEAD, Fowlmouth taxidermy.

lol thanks guys. Knew I shouldn't have put that part in there...

Don't grab it by the neck and don't helicopter the bird if you may mount it. Tuck the head under the wing and put it in a gallon ziploc bag.

The enemy of taxidermy is bacteria and the enemy of bacteria is cold. Get the bird on ice following the hunt. Put it on dry ice for the travel home.

No need to leave the bird out of state with plenty of good taxidermist here in SC. I am very damn critical of taxidermy and HEAD's work looks great on here.
    Last edited by Rodney; 11-26-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

I can help you with whatever you need and can answer any questions.....also for $20 more I can provide a receipt for whatever you tell your wife you paid
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!