Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas For Improvement of Swamp

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Get with the family then and tell um your thoughts.
    I have free range on the family land. I do run everything by the actual owner but have been told I can do what I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

turn it into a duck hole the way you want it then

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    turn it into a duck hole the way you want it then
    Trying to get suggestions for improvements to do that.
    Last edited by davisd9; 11-27-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

"Ideas For Imporvement of Swamp"

I thought this thread was gonna be about pictures of nekkid wimmen. It's been kinda dead in The Swamp for the last few months.

Carry on.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 11-27-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    "Ideas For Imporvement of Swamp"

I thought this thread was gonna be about pictures of nekkid wimmen. It's been kinda dead in The Swamp for the last few months.

Carry on.
    It was my first thought earlier too. *sigh

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    Trying to get suggestions for improvements to do that.
    You did.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    If you can't bait it now, bait it heavy February and March
    Think this is what I will do. Then try to do something with water levels and add another food source

Do you have access to equipment?

Mini excavator, dozer, etc?

There is a lot you can do there.

In regards to feeding the ducks, how far away are your neighbors hunting?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

4 acres on a mutually owned beaver swamp is asking for a huge letdown in time IMO.
    If your neighbors don't hunt now, they will or their friends friend will will ducks begin to pass over their property.....be prepared
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Indeed that’s the double edged sword.

Lots of attention drawn by non hunting family members, and neighbors down the way, when they start piling in

That said, I don’t see why you couldn’t have a few hundred ducks coming in there.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

It's difficult to duck hunt even with like minded people.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Indeed that’s the double edged sword.

Lots of attention drawn by non hunting family members, and neighbors down the way, when they start piling in

That said, I don’t see why you couldn’t have a few hundred ducks coming in there.
    Can I send you a PM? I have followed your posts in the past and would like to ask some questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    That is correct.
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Great looking spot.
    You can easily plant millet and rice.....it’s about food
    Board Member
    Cherokee Foothills Hunting Retriever Club

Just my opinion but it doesn't look big enough to hold alot of ducks and certainly will not stand much pressure.

Looks like a wood duck spot and an occasional mallards spot if hunted regularly.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-28-2018 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Just my opinion but it doesn't look big enough to hold alot of ducks and certainly will not stand much pressure.

Looks like a wood duck spot and an occasional mallards spot if hunted regularly.
    I honestly hunted it too much this first season, but did not shoot very much. I plan to leave it be for a bit and hunt it mid December or so, hopefully a couple hard frost will open up some water. The plan for here on out is just 4-5 hunts a year at most. I am not expecting ducks to just poor in but because of location I feel it has the potential to be a good spot for some ducks to at least check out a few times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin Rooster View Post
    Great looking spot.
    You can easily plant millet and rice.....it’s about food
    I think this is what I am going to do. Hopefully drain some water off then clean up some of the trash stuff, maybe a little smart weed as well since it is covered in it. Want to make a little more open water and give a variety of food sources. Will probably bait if hard right after the season through beginning of March, got to be careful for turkey season as I turkey hunt the property here and there. Then I will install a leveler and see what I can get done this summer.

That sounds like a good plan starting out.

Send away

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Haha...this is 100% true. The older I get the more I appreciate hunting alone.