Thread: Electronic hearing protection

Default Electronic hearing protection

What are some suggestions, looking for something to use duck hunting mostly maybe with turkeys for some sound enhancements? Ear muffs bother my shooting ability and I hate people that wear ear plugs and can’t hear you talk to them. I have looked around on the internet and see a big difference in prices. What exactly are you getting for something that is $250 verse $1000+?
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

I don't use electronic ear plugs anymore but if I was going to buy a set it would be digital ESP's. Never heard anyone that was disappointed with theirs.

Analog plugs sound like tin cans. Digital plugs sound like stereo.

I wear Westone daily. DefendEar Digital2. $250 vs $1000 is custom molded versus instant fit electronic.

If it was weekends only, I would be leaning towards the more cost effective plugs. I have a few buddies with the sound gear and they like them.

I've also been looking around. The walkers game ear in-ear setups are ok, but for that $100-$250 you're getting what you pay for. They do the job ok, but after a couple hours my ears start to become uncomfortable and eventually get sensitive to the touch. They're one-size-fits-some, whereas all the $1000+ I've seen are custom molded to your ear so they don't hurt.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I've also been entertaining the thought of something along these lines lately. Is there anything that can do hearing protection, sound enhancement, and has Bluetooth?

I have wildears and no complaints
    80-20 Genaration

Check the next big sporting clay event nearest to you and see if the PremEar vendor will be there. They can make you a custom pair of silicone ear plugs. I’m pretty sure they also have an electronic option as well. I’ve been pleased with mine

nacre quietpro | Ebay - it's not the newest technology but it is inexpensive, tough (water resistance if not proof), and it works well.

Quote Originally Posted by joeydpga View Post
    Can I wear them to shoot doves and hear my buddy 75-100 yards away yell at me? Or carry on a conversation with someone standing next to me?

I'm trying to shoot my hearing out. No more listening to people's bullshit.

I have, it's gone in my left ear. It doesn't bother me, although some people think I'm ignoring them or acting like an ass. I make my son wear them. I will throw them on if I'm sighting in a rifle under our shed.. but I never plan on wearing a pair hunting. When my son turns eighteen, he can make his own choice if he wants to be pig headed like me.

Great napping with the right ear on the pillow.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I'm trying to shoot my hearing out. No more listening to people's bullshit.
    Better mess up your eye sight to because you sue do read a lot of it on here

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Great napping with the right ear on the pillow.
    Hell yeah it is. Even going to bed, sucks though the way my couch faces. I have to turn the tv up too loud if I'm laying there trying to watch something.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Can I wear them to shoot doves and hear my buddy 75-100 yards away yell at me? Or carry on a conversation with someone standing next to me?
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Tekton Game Calls

843-290-9569

ESP, expensive but worth it.

I bought electronic custom plugs several years ago. I wish I had done it years sooner.

I can turn them up and hear conversations from across the field or in another duck blind. I can hear a ringneck's wings whistling better than without them. They are a bit harder to use turkey hunting because it's hard to adjust your volume when calling...and if you have them turned way up, you'll find yourself quietly calling to a gobbler five miles away.

They accentuate wind noise somewhat and it's always a relief to take them out at the end of a hunt or round of clays.