Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Eagle Upfit

Default War Eagle Upfit

I have a 2005 1542 War Eagle. The hull is in great shape it’s just time for a make over. It’s has the factory gun box, floor and the sides are skinned.

I enjoy the rebuilt threads on here. What have you done that you would do different? Or what’s still on the list to do?

This boat will be used mainly for flooded timber hunting.

It has a trolling motor and extra battery but I have never used it. Trolling motor will be removed. Should I keep the extra battery?

What’s the deal with pods?

On the list of things to do so far:

New Paint
    Sea Deck
    Duck Bill
    Spud Pole Mounts
    Wiring
    Bilge Pump
    Lights

Hydroturf on all flat surfaces. I would love to try to make a gun box that is movable with seat bases. So if you ever had to hunt out of the boat you can move the box to the middle. Or if you carry an extra guy or decoys and need more floor space pull the gun box out (I know there are other boats that do this). Look up rubberheads battery setup. Its defiantly over kill, but getting back to the hill every time is nice. Put a couple speakers in it with a simple blue tooth deal for you phone. Look at skinny water products for your spud poles. And put a CMC kick plate on it.

Oh and this thread needs some before pics
    Last edited by JBK; 11-27-2018 at 07:43 AM.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

98E3331D-1053-487D-8836-19A8BA5B3CED.jpg

This is what I want to do to mine
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Fucking cup holders!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I cut out foam from front lowered deck and cut an access in back and made a hatch. I store life jackets anchors etc up there then i put guns and coats etc in gunbox. I picked up one of those toolboxes that fit in t rail. Perfect for you phone wallet keys that you dont wanna have to dig for. And its where i keep the striking paper for quick access. Id love to cut back deck out and make pod seating but hadnt done that yet
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I like the duck bill but don’t care for the lights underneath. I’d have them torn off in no time from pulling up to high banks.

If it were mine I’d add the following:

Hydraulic jack plate
    Hydro turf
    New paint
    Interior LED lighting
    Rebuild the trailer (if needed)
    Pirogue rack
    Quick release trolling motor mount (never know when you might want it back on there.)
    Spray on bed liner along the top of the rails for durability
    Bilge pump
    Electrical switch panel with USB port
    Battery cut off switch
    Fuel water separator

Pods are hit and miss with me. It’s likely that you don’t need them for floatation on that hull unless you’re grossly overpowered. However, after having a hunt deck on my Gator Trax I like the idea of them for use as a step for getting in and out of the boat.

Line the inside of the gun box with hydro turf as well if not done already. It will quiet it down a bit and keep from getting aluminum dust all over everything you put in there.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

If we are going all out I would ditch the front mid deck and do a high deck. Shorten the deck a bit and add a large access hatch. I would also add an opening to the rear deck so you could access from the middle of the boat. Putting life jackets and extinguisher close to the driver is nice. All these allow you more versatility when hiding that one extra Susie that seems to always show up.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Some good ideas here. Thanks.

academy sells workout mats 4x8 sheets for 25 bucks a sheet and holds up damn good
    “My names Thrane Tuck an I don’t give a fuck” - T-bone

thats whats on my boat
    “My names Thrane Tuck an I don’t give a fuck” - T-bone

have a 1650 War eagle. Added a switch panel under my seat with 8 switches, controls all lights, bilge pump, etc. (cleans up all the wiring going to the battery. Its all hidden in the seat with just one set going to the battery) By far the best things I did was add a 12v plug in the bow, so I can plug the light bar in and I made it so my light bar was completely removable by using threaded inserts, and then I could run a spotlight from the bow and from the stern.

One of my favorite "customizations"...it's a glove snap...

I got tired of losing gloves, having them blow out of the boat, or having to look for them in a dark boat so I added this think using a Kayak kit (plastic connectors and bungee). All it took was a little bit of self-training to get to where anytime I take off my glove(s) I slip them under the bungee. I haven't lost or misplaced a glove since.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

When I start cutting into my front deck or rear seat, will I find foam? What under the factory floor?

There will be spray foam or block foam under the rear seat and front deck. Depends on the boat whether you have foam under the floor

I want to pull my floor up but don’t have the resources to put it back down.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Steelin' Ducks View Post
    When I start cutting into my front deck or rear seat, will I find foam? What under the factory floor?
    probably foam, just make sure it is closed cell or you go back with closed cell foam, so it wont absorb water/weight

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I want to pull my floor up but don’t have the resources to put it back down.
    easy peezy, pop rivet it just like the factory does.
    You can borrow my rivet gun if you have an air compressor to run it on. Pull the trigger and done
    I probably have 1000 stainless rivets too

Cut the back bench into a v shape like the havoc
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Put neon green Havoc stickers on it and remove the decals off the engine cowling.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Put neon green Havoc stickers on it and remove the decals off the engine cowling.
    This
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"