Thread: Release

Default Release

Y'all ever have a release not release. It opened but not all the way. The bow was still at full draw at release 3/4 the way opened. What say you?

Never but I use a hook style just to eliminate that issue. What release was it ?

i had a cheap release wear out to the point that it fired about halfway through the draw. i punched my self in the face when it came loose. i called myself an idoit for "hitting the button on the draw" so i nocked another arrow and punched myself in the face again.... i didnt hit the button, the string slipped through the CLOSED jaws. After that, i tried my damndest to throw that release as far as those two lost arrows sailed.

Scott

Little Goose Release

Scott Archery

Not entirely sure how that's possible. I'm trying to envision it and can't.

Which Scott model?

edit: Just saw. Little Goose. I have the same release and never had that happen. Did the trigger hang up and not open all the way and allow the loop to slip through or did the loop hang in the caliper?
    Last edited by Glenn; 11-26-2018 at 12:34 PM.

The loop hung on the caliper.

Dang. Check for burrs or defects. Is it a new release?

Now I gotta go check and make sure mine is smooth.

Had the same thing happen with two different Scott Patriots. Sent the second one back for an Echo and have been pleased with it so far. Used to never hear of things like this with Scott but I do think that QC has gone downhill with them
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

This goes for anyone. The best advise I could give is don’t go cheap on a release. It took me forever to break down and really drop some change on a release and I am so glad I did.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Had the same thing happen with two different Scott Patriots. Sent the second one back for an Echo and have been pleased with it so far. Used to never hear of things like this with Scott but I do think that QC has gone downhill with them
    That’s why I shoot a STAN. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I think my lil goose is 15+ years old. Haven't tried any of the new ones. Cayce is shooting my old back up release (same model) that's just as old only less used.

Maybe it's a new QC issue with 'em. Crazy stuff.

Scott is now owned by TOG. Expect the quality to nose dive. I was a little goose user for over a decade. Made the switch a few years back to a thumb trigger. After a few months of hating it, I am now a believer.

Get a Stan or a Carter thumb trigger and you’ll be handing it down to your grandkids one day.

If you’re set on a wrist strap check out a spot Hogg wise guy. They are slick.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    That’s why I shoot a STAN. Lol
    This man gets it.

I’ll second the stan and carter releases . I have the Stan sx3 heavy metal and a carter whisper . The Stan has a lock feature so you can practice drawing without an accidental release . The carter is super quiet which is what I normally hunt with . Hope you can get this figured out !

Quote Originally Posted by mcduckin View Post
    I’ll second the stan and carter releases . I have the Stan sx3 heavy metal and a carter whisper . The Stan has a lock feature so you can practice drawing without an accidental release . The carter is super quiet which is what I normally hunt with . Hope you can get this figured out !
    Thanks fellars i'll check out the Stans's and double check my release.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbeard Exterminator View Post
    Thanks fellars i'll check out the Stans's and double check my release.
    Stan makes a million different models. I like the just X 3 finger. Im into something I can clip on the string and leave so my hands are free.

If you don’t want to go full checkbook right off the bat tru ball makes a unit called the fang. It’s dang slick for $100.

Second on the fangs for a money saver. Like some of the others I have a Stan sx3. They retail for $250 I believe or somewhere in that neighborhood. I found mine on archerytalk and got it for $150 new in the box. Stuff like releases are very easy to come by on there for a lot less than retail brand new. The guy ended up living thirty min from me.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 11-27-2018 at 09:39 AM.

I have a ton of old Stan and truball releases. I hunt with a Scott little goose but like Glenn mine is 15 years old
    Last edited by Griffin; 11-27-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.