Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If BAMA loses to Georgia

Default If BAMA loses to Georgia

If bama loses to Georgia (I don’t think they will), how do you see the top 4 looking. Do you really think bama can lose the conference championship and get in?

Last week I would have said no. With the shakeups this weekend, It is a high probability.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    If bama loses to Georgia (I don’t think they will), how do you see the top 4 looking. Do you really think bama can lose the conference championship and get in?

Yes, if the committee is indeed picking the four best teams. Because 'Bama would still be the best team in the county.

UGA would most likely be 3, Bama would be 4. And then you'd get to watch the SEC Champ. game, again, on Jan. 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    [/B]

Yes, if the committee is indeed picking the four best teams. Because 'Bama would still be the best team in the county.
    Fulton?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    UGA would most likely be 3, Bama would be 4. And then you'd get to watch the SEC Champ. game, again, on Jan. 7th.
    I agree, and it's bullshit really. It's extremely unfair to UGA, because if you beat them once, you shouldnt have to beat them again a month later. But nobody in their right mind is gonna say that Bama isn't one of the 4 best teams in the country because they most certainly are, but if you lose this late, you should be out IMO. The conference championship games should really be like unofficial play in games, IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Should they get in, yeah, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the committee put a Big 10 or 12 1 loss conference champ ahead of them. Good thing is, it ain't happening. Bama by 20+

If Alabama loses to GA [wont happen], then it will be GA, CLEM, OSU, OKLAHOMA. Doubt the committee will want the possibility of 2 SEC team rematches, basically back to back.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    If Alabama loses to GA [wont happen], then it will be GA, CLEM, OSU, OKLAHOMA. Doubt the committee will want the possibility of 2 SEC team rematches, basically back to back.
    Wrong. ND is in. Their ticket is already punched.

If the games go as expected this weekend it'll be....

1 Bama
    2 Clemson
    3 ND
    4 Ohio or OU

I personally think it'll be Ohio over OU
    Last edited by FEETDOWN; 11-26-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    ND is in, period.

Clemson would move to 1, ND to 2, UGA to 3 and OSU will be 4.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    The conference championship games should really be like unofficial play in games, IMO
    They threw out conference championship winners when they realized those teams aren't always one of the best 4.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-26-2018 at 09:24 AM.

I think ND SHOULD GO. But I dont think they will. Just to play devils advocate for the sake of conversation, is 12-0 regular season better than a 12-1 season???? Just asking, not saying it is.

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Last year they got in due to there being multiple 2 loss conference champs. Easy to make the argument that a 1 loss Bama was more deserving. This year with a one loss OSU and OU(provided they win on Sat of course) both being conference champs I don't think that will be as likely of a scenario. Bama had the opportunity to win their way in to the playoff and didn't. Especially if it comes down to one loss Bama(no Conf Champ) or one loss OSU(B10 conf champ) vying for the #4 spot....follow the money(TV/media outlets) and OSU is in IMO.

ND and OSU both bring more to the table than Bama...again follow the money.

What more does ND and OSU bring than Bama? Other than Bamas fans are tired of forking out the money to watch them win another NC? Is that what you mean?

There is no way they can realistically justify Bama being in if they lose to UGA. That doesn't mean they won't try to find a way. One loss, no conference championship. Their most impressive win would be Miss St. and A&M. LSU has proven that they were severely over ranked. Take a good hard look at Bama's schedule with a loss and no conference championship, I just can't see how they'd spin it to get them in there. I personally don't believe ND should be in if Okla and OSU go to town in their conference championship games. But, that a different argument for a different day.

Clem
    UGA
    ND

toss up between OSU and Okla if they both win

I lean towards Ohio St. because of the win over Michigan

What more does ND and OSU bring than Bama? Other than Bamas fans are tired of forking out the money to watch them win another NC? Is that what you mean?
    Money.....plain and simple.

Most all of us here in the South will watch and support the playoff games no matter who is in them. PAC12, Big12, and B10 fans will have little to interest in the college football playoff if they have no representation. ND has without a doubt the largest fanbase of any college football team in the country..."Subway Fans" as they call them.

OSU would likely be a close second...not only do they pump out almost twice as many graduates every year as the average college, the entire state population and then some pulls for OSU. You think USC/Clem/UGA/BAMA have problems with the Walmart fans??? Doesn't hold a candle to the OSU and ND fanbase....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    There is no way they can realistically justify Bama being in if they lose to UGA. That doesn't mean they won't try to find a way. One loss, no conference championship. Their most impressive win would be Miss St. and A&M. LSU has proven that they were severely over ranked. Take a good hard look at Bama's schedule with a loss and no conference championship, I just can't see how they'd spin it to get them in there. I personally don't believe ND should be in if Okla and OSU go to town in their conference championship games. But, that a different argument for a different day.

Clem
    UGA
    ND

Agree on each and every point....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post

Clem
    UGA
    ND

Didn't LSU blow Georgia off the field?

Fulton?
    See what you did there. I don't miss on spelling too often, so enjoy it, bubba...