• OVER.58.5

22 52.38%
  • UNDER 58.5

7 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: GAMECOCKS at CLEMSON - Palmetto Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Seriously? The Shamecock faithful has stooped to talking shit hthat you only lost by three touchdowns away? You are embarrassing and pitiful dude. You didn’t even go there did you? Mimi buy you a gamecock sweatshirt from Kmart when you were four and they became your team?
    ^^^drunk post

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

With Carolina's normal defensive starters this would have been a nail biter.

Clemson's all pro defensive line were not a factor in the passing game.

A&M exposed your weakness in the secondary. i just do not see a National Championship coming.

Happy 5.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I was pleasantly surprised at Carolina's offensive performance, and Bentley. 510 yards passing is strong, against anybody. Deebo had over 200 yards in receptions. Denson at 62 was the leading rusher, showing how well the Tigers controlled the run. The gutted defense was, as expected, the downfall. But young players got valuable experience playing against a powerful opponent.

Clemson's offense was a machine. Pure and simple, not a surprise. Their defense was a little less than I expected on the line with Bentley getting decent protection, albeit for just long enough. The secondary was obviously the issue, and will be a problem if Clemson doesn't tighten it up.

Bottom line - Clemson could go all the way if it makes corrections. But they can't look past the first round of the playoffs straight to Alabama. Once they win the ACC (and they will … easily), they face a much more difficult task. Carolina will end up 7-5 going into whatever bowl they draw. How the bowl game goes is anybody's guess until we know who the opponent is.

Both teams look much stronger going into next year. But Carolina HAS to build a deeper defense.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

The rest of the country is looking at what Bentley threw for and Carolina having 6 guys out on defense. I would love to see Georgia and Clemson, but Clemson is in the ACC and are an automatic.
    Playoff teams will be
    Bama
    Clemson
    Notre Dame
    Ohio freaking State

Who is in the ACC championship with Clemson?

Well said David. Outside of the ACC that defense doesn't look so elite.

Sadly the fish eaters ain't all that. Clemson will get to play another ACC team. Then we will hear about how at least they made it. After watching Georgia and Clemson yesterday......i would love to get that chance

SC exposed a glaring weakness in Clemson's secondary. If they are going anywhere in the playoffs they better find a fix.

Syracuse had them an a "lineman" was downfield.......ACC had to keep their chances alive.

good offensive play calling by the gamecocks.
    yall are absolutely right, the secondary was exposed to the nation last night. But i think Venables will have those gaping 15-18yd holes covered up by the next game. It was those undefended passes that earned Bentley such a high passing percentage and yardage through the air. (add a couple 50+ yarders and he looks like Tom Brady BINTley)

Far better game than expected.
    Last edited by DoubleSprig; 11-25-2018 at 08:57 AM.

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Syracuse had them an a "lineman" was downfield.......ACC had to keep their chances alive.
    So the ACC told the lineman to run 15yds down field? You are becoming about as much of an idiot as ECU.

One thing is for sure. This guy was the best quarterback on the field......against the best defense since sliced bread.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Tua will tear our secondary to pieces.
    You are correct. Been saying that all year and it just ain't Tua and Bama
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Kendrick Rogers's exposed Clemson early this season. Just be glad Kelly Bryant wasn't at a car wash in Seneca

And the number 1 defense in the country had 62 put on them yesterday.

Y'all are hilarious. Carolina, a mighty SEC team, lost by 3 TDs. Hearing y'all talk, you would think it went into 7 OTs. Yes, Clemson has a terrible secondary, no news there. Who cares how many yards Bentley had? He isn't a bad passer, and has certainly improved over the second half of the season. His desperation at the end, though, was a little much. I guess he thinks losing by 2TDs isn’t as bad. Being the head of the Gamecock nation, he's probably all about those moral victories, too.
    Last edited by wskinner; 11-25-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Wonder how they were #1? Very similar to Clemson thinking they have this unbeatable defense. All about who you play.
    How did the ACC do against the SEC yesterday?
    Last edited by SCDAWG; 11-25-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Stats made them #1.Stats don't tell the whole story , like the story about the man that drown in a river that avg. 1 ft. deep.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Wonder how they were #1? Very similar to Clemson thinking they have this unbeatable defense. All about who you play.
    How did the ACC do against the SEC yesterday?
    Pretty sure the one they knew they would win they won and the other few were beat downs.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Clemson is ass.

It does appear that Clemson will be in the playoffs