• OVER.58.5

22 52.38%
  • UNDER 58.5

7 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: GAMECOCKS at CLEMSON - Palmetto Bowl

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USC came into the game with 9 defensive starters out. I never said Clemson caused these injuries. I do not believe they were caused by not being in condition either.

CLEMSON
    South Carolina’s mounting injuries on defense are making Gamecocks head coach Will Muschamp angry.

He’s angry about the cut blocks that he said Saturday night have caused long-term injuries to defensive linemen Bryson Allen-Williams and Aaron Sterling and defensive end Daniel Fennell.

“We’ve had three illegal cut blocks,” Muschamp said. “At the end of the day, we talk about player safety. Why don’t we eliminate that?”

Muschamp has spoken to college football administrators about the issue, he said.

“They don’t listen to me,” he said.

Defensive end D.J. Wonnum and Sterling were surprise scratches from South Carolina’s lineup before Saturday night’s 56-35 loss to No. 2 Clemson. Wonnum had surgery to repair an ankle injury he suffered in the first game of the season and will miss next week’s game against Akron and possibly the bowl game as well. Sterling and Allen-Williams also have had ankle surgery that will keep them out at least until the bowl game.

Defensive back Jaycee Horn also missed the Clemson game due to an ankle injury. Horn dressed out and warmed up with the Gamecocks prior to the game but came out immediately before kickoff without his pads and wearing a walking boot.

Fennell suffered what Muschamp believes in an ACL tear on what Muschamp said was a cut block by the Tigers. Defensive lineman Keir Thomas was also unable to finish the game due to injury.

Defensive backs J.T. Ibe, Nick Harvey, Jamyest Williams, Javon Charleston, Jaylin Dickerson already had been lost to long-term injuries.

Asked about how much the injuries affected his team’s game plan, Muschamp snapped, “What do you think? That’s a dumb question” before quickly apologizing for losing his temper.

Clemson gained 744 yards Saturday night, the most ever against South Carolina.

The injuries are “huge for us,” middle linebacker T.J. Brunson said. “We always say next man up. We expect you to come in and make plays and do the right things, and we didn’t do it enough. You guys saw it. (The injured players) are definitely big parts of the program.”

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I am surrounded by guys who love to fight, who embrace the challenge.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    USC came into the game with 9 defensive starters out. I never said Clemson caused these injuries. I do not believe they were caused by not being in condition either.
    you lost. by three touchdowns. no amount of google is gonna change that.

shouldnt you be focused on akron?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

CLEMSON
    South Carolina’s mounting injuries on defense are making Gamecocks head coach Will Muschamp angry.

He’s angry about the cut blocks that he said Saturday night have caused long-term injuries to defensive linemen Bryson Allen-Williams and Aaron Sterling and defensive end Daniel Fennell.

“We’ve had three illegal cut blocks,” Muschamp said. “At the end of the day, we talk about player safety. Why don’t we eliminate that?”

Muschamp has spoken to college football administrators about the issue, he said.

“They don’t listen to me,” he said.

Defensive end D.J. Wonnum and Sterling were surprise scratches from South Carolina’s lineup before Saturday night’s 56-35 loss to No. 2 Clemson. Wonnum had surgery to repair an ankle injury he suffered in the first game of the season and will miss next week’s game against Akron and possibly the bowl game as well. Sterling and Allen-Williams also have had ankle surgery that will keep them out at least until the bowl game.

Defensive back Jaycee Horn also missed the Clemson game due to an ankle injury. Horn dressed out and warmed up with the Gamecocks prior to the game but came out immediately before kickoff without his pads and wearing a walking boot.

Fennell suffered what Muschamp believes in an ACL tear on what Muschamp said was a cut block by the Tigers. Defensive lineman Keir Thomas was also unable to finish the game due to injury.

Defensive backs J.T. Ibe, Nick Harvey, Jamyest Williams, Javon Charleston, Jaylin Dickerson already had been lost to long-term injuries.

Asked about how much the injuries affected his team’s game plan, Muschamp snapped, “What do you think? That’s a dumb question” before quickly apologizing for losing his temper.

Clemson gained 744 yards Saturday night, the most ever against South Carolina.

The injuries are “huge for us,” middle linebacker T.J. Brunson said. “We always say next man up. We expect you to come in and make plays and do the right things, and we didn’t do it enough. You guys saw it. (The injured players) are definitely big parts of the program.”

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I am surrounded by guys who love to fight, who embrace the challenge.
    you mean cut-blocks like thisGamecoot Cutblock.JPG
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Quote Originally Posted by justpracticin View Post
    you mean cut-blocks like thisGamecoot Cutblock.JPG
    Congrats, looks like you found a way to shut him up. I'm glad you found this. I was worried he might try to propose legislation to ban cut blocking by all SC publicly funded universities. Let see him spin this.
    Last edited by wskinner; 11-26-2018 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Congrats, looks like you found a way to shut him up. I'm glad you found this. I was worried he might try to propose legislation to ban cut blocking by all SC publicly funded universities. Let see him spin this.
    If not that he will introduced a mercy rule for college football in SC. We know more than winning by more than 20 points is not fair to SC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk