Thread: How bad was it

Default How bad was it

Let's hear the horror stories!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

I'm in eastern shore of Maryland for work right now and have met the absolute nicest hunters here at the hotel and the local hunters here with my customer. Refreshing conversations to say the least. But I can't want to read this thread for entertainment.

4:45 came early. Pulled up to Cooper River at 615. Had some breakfast, morning meeting, and at shooting time we already had the coupling pulled.
    Psalm 23

Went to Lake Moultrie, kayaked in, and was in the woods at 6:15. Got shined by plenty on the way in. It was as if they thought we couldn’t see them even with their gazillion candle power light beams trained on us the whole time. Shot at the one and only woodduck we saw after shooting time came and missed. Then packed it up at about 8am and made our way back to the launch. Heard a fair amount of shooting but nothing that made me feel like I was missing much out on the open water.

Not really impressed and really missing the duck hunting back on the West Coast!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

My nephew killed a few down around Edistow but said there were ass load of people.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

I live on the Cooper River at Pimlico and can see the ricefield from the house. We watched boats all evening running across the ricefield and right through the coots up until dark last night. There were at least four groups that hunted the end of Pimlico this morning. We watch that area pretty much daily and aside from a bunch of high migrating flocks there really hasn’t been many birds using the area. I was surprised to see the number of hunters given the lack of birds thus far.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Call Eddie he will tell ya what Happened to use.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Which Eddie? My buddy didn’t hunt this morning to my knowledge. He said on Wednesday that he wasn’t planning on going and hadn’t even bought his duck stamps.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Went to Lake Moultrie, kayaked in, and was in the woods at 6:15. Got shined by plenty on the way in. It was as if they thought we couldn’t see them even with their gazillion candle power light beams trained on us the whole time. Shot at the one and only woodduck we saw after shooting time came and missed. Then packed it up at about 8am and made our way back to the launch. Heard a fair amount of shooting but nothing that made me feel like I was missing much out on the open water.

Not really impressed and really missing the duck hunting back on the West Coast!
    Should of called. I could have told ya to stay away from that shit show. I went to upper lake with Phoneman. Our first choice was taken so we pot lucked on a spot. Only boat that came near us was greenjeans and he just waved and idled on by. Actually saw a good many ducks and managed shots on a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

I’m glad duck season is in. DNR will focus on them and not the dove and deer folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Should of called. I could have told ya to stay away from that shit show. I went to upper lake with Phoneman. Our first choice was taken so we pot lucked on a spot. Only boat that came near us was greenjeans and he just waved and idled on by. Actually saw a good many ducks and managed shots on a few.
    Just waved? You sure he was a GW? He must have had to take a dump, or something.

We killed s couple pintails and a gadwall. Game wardens messed us up on a few groups. They came to check us at 730 and putted there boat around outside our decoys for 30 min.
    867-5309

Eddie here. Senior moment this morning. Next time I unload my gun to get out and move the boat, coot better remind me to reload it once back in the boat. It would certainly help when the ducks drop in perfectly.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Just waved? You sure he was a GW? He must have had to take a dump, or something.
    It's not what ya know, but who ya know. He heard Phoneman talking and knew not to stop. He would never have been able to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

It's not what ya know, but who ya know. He heard Phoneman talking and knew not to stop. He would never have been able to leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Ain't that the damn truth!!!
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Ain't that the damn truth!!!
    Pot calling the Kettle black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha!
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

We really wore em out. I've never seen so many black ducks on opening day before! Screenshot_20181118-195150_Gallery.jpg

Sent from my SM-J337V using Tapatalk
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly