Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 200" GA bow kill

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

What regulation would you like to see removed or added that you believe will cause SC deer to grow as large as Georgia's?
    Simple. Hand over management of the wildlife resources to DNR and the biologist. Let the GA focus on more pressing issues.

What has the GA accomplished that you are proud of? Name one wildlife bill that has come into the GA and not come out as a watered down cumbersome mess?

And stop with the antlers size nonsense. I don't shop $5000 tubes or believe in importing bucks because it's trendy. But I would like to see the state manage the herd they have to it's potential and without a doubt SC is one of the worst states in the nation for that.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 11-16-2018 at 08:18 AM.

There is a big difference between genetics not being expressed versus being diluted or altered due to lack of nutrition.
    I will not disagree that the lack of nutrition will not allow quality genetics to be expressed....that is understood.
    But, to assume that genetic coding is somehow lost after three generations simply due to poor nutrition is ludicrous.
    It may be washed out from breeding with poor genetics but....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 11-16-2018 at 10:29 AM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

You will be sadly disappointed if you think you can dramatically improve antler size with improved genetics alone. In the wild, genetics get watered down quickly. Secondly, even if breeding Wisconsin bucks with Wisconsin does, without supplemental nutrition, you are wasting time. After three successive generations of reproduction and no supplement, the antler size will be reduced to only slightly better than the local herd.

You cannot at this point influence the statewide population by importing.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Haha......Philip Lowe, I could give two shits about breeding deer!
    You're the one wanting to breed deer not me...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I simply want to hear the arguments from a biologist rather than a legislator.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

You are a fool if you want to turn over all responsibility to biologists.

You are a fool if you think legislators should be making game laws based on their ideas of sound biology.

You were a fool thinking you were going to ILLEGALLY sneak in improved deer genetics when all along it was going to get washed out by our poor quality local genetics!
    What a dumbass you must be....
    I don't know you, but you truly are a self-absorbed prick I see ...
    Move along and go argue with someone other than a foolish biologist!

Importing northern big bodied deer might not be the best plan. They're suited for cold winters, not hot summers. Evolution or god or whatever you believe in has a better plan imo.

And I agree with Simple Man and others who want science to speak on the subject of wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    You are a fool if you want to turn over all responsibility to biologists.
    Are you really that stupid, did you just read what you posted?
    Last edited by ccleroy; 11-16-2018 at 01:23 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Where is Griffin with the Antler Envy Announcement. Cause I think some are looking to make a Buck and others want to shoot one.

Simple, how many National meetings have you attended on Wildlife matters?

The Sportsmans Coalition is made up of legislators all across the nation. We fight back against liberal wave sweeping through our "DNRs". States are putting more emphasis on non-consumptive land and water use. That means hunting and fishing is under attack. Biologists are not necessarily sportsmen. A growing number of anti-hunter biologist are employed in DNR's all over this country are destroying the heritage we hold dear.

You don't have to trust me. Call Director Taylor and ask him. Forestry is headed in the same direction.

Be very careful what you ask for.

Golf clap...

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    You were a fool thinking you were going to ILLEGALLY sneak in improved deer genetics when all along it was going to get washed out by our poor quality local genetics!
    What a dumbass you must be....
    I don't know you, but you truly are a self-absorbed prick I see ...
    Move along and go argue with someone other than a foolish biologist!

AAAh but mine were to remain 100% until released and supplements galore. A local population can be improved but it is quickly watered down. We will never know if would have helped.

National meetings?!? Not a one. I guess that makes me a dumbass.

Take a minute and wipe some of that self-righteousness off. You're spilling it all over yourself.

Dude, the way you caved to the liberal wave regarding our state flag gives me no promise to what you'd do regarding our wildlife resources, you're a jackass, that is all.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 11-16-2018 at 01:32 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

It never changes in here. You cannot have a discussion without personal insults. Grow up.

Leroy, I live in Florence. Drive up anytime you need me to personally explain things to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    National meetings?!? Not a one. I guess that makes me a dumbass.

Take a minute and wipe some of that self-righteousness off. You're spilling it all over yourself.
    No it makes you uninformed. Ask a law enforcement officer if he thinks biologists should run DNR.

Nobody ever brought up the idea of a biologist running DNR just to make that perfectly clear to you. As a matter of fact no one ever brought up anything in this thread about biologist making decisions except you...