Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tis the season

Slept in the boat a LOT. Don’t mind it at all it you go prepared
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Slept in the boat a LOT. Don’t mind it at all it you go prepared
    Tarp, heater, a couple lunchables, water, a thermos of coffee, thermacell if it’s warm and a Coca Cola
    867-5309

A lunchable, really a lunchable

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    A lunchable, really a lunchable
    A couple! Ham and swiss
    867-5309

ewe, I mean if I was going bad for me kids food, I'd grab an uncrustable

When I want uncomfortable boat food I go for sardines, hot sauce sardines, maybe a mustard if I felt spry

Have you had the new hillshire farms lunchables? Bagel chips salami and smoked Gouda?
    867-5309

Ive slept in the boat many times. Love laying there watching the stars. Might just do it fri as well for the fun of it.

We packed three of us in my prodrive one opener. Ate pork chops and drank a few beers. Made a nice tarp tent and turned on mr buddy. Caught tarp on fire, almost froze then i woke up with the gut bomb and had to hang off the back. Good times lol.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Heavens no. I fairness though, I haven't seen them. Every so often I will let my youngest (11, girl) go pick one out, she'll come back with the pizza or nacho, typically pizza. I do it when I feel lazy, plus I know it'll make her all happy.

Ive been a part of the week long duck spot holding thing. We didnt sleep in boats or anything but camped out on the bank not far from the spot. It was more about friendship and fun and met alot of good people over the week. Come down cook, play guitar, bring kids etc. it was fun. And honestly if i could id prob do it with the group again. That crap of sleeping in a boat for a week though is insane
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

We always took a spread out there with us. Charcoal grill, deer burgers, shrimp and steak.

We would have the river or lake smelling like a 5 star restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post

We packed three of us in my prodrive one opener. Ate pork chops and drank a few beers. Made a nice tarp tent and turned on mr buddy.
    Bet that third guy was reeaaallly uncomfortable......

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    It’s been a couple years, but I don’t mind sleeping out in the woods or marsh.

I, like relentlous, get some damn good snoozing to the sound of roosting ducks with nothing but stars overhead.

Might make myself a little snooze nest Friday evening!
    I've slept in the boat one time and will never do it again. I was startled awake about 3 times in the middle of the night by boats. When you wake up in the pitch black hearing a load boat full throttle and a bright light it's like a bad dream. You jump up all groggy trying to find the spotlight before the motha fucka slams into your boat! Never again!

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    When I want uncomfortable boat food I go for sardines, hot sauce sardines, maybe a mustard if I felt spry
    I figured you were more of the sausage, bun and brie cheese type.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I've slept in the boat one time and will never do it again. I was startled awake about 3 times in the middle of the night by boats. When you wake up in the pitch black hearing a load boat full throttle and a bright light it's like a bad dream. You jump up all groggy trying to find the spotlight before the motha fucka slams into your boat! Never again!
    I’ve probably slept in my boat upwards of 30 times, likely more.

I’ve never, and I mean never, woken up the way you describe.

I have stayed up all night running defense, I’ve passed out slap drunk, and I’ve woken up dry as can be on a tidal flat I was certain I was good on.

But never have I woken in a panic thinking another boat was gonna hit me.
    Do you make a habit of anchoring in a channel, cutting all your lights off, and taking NyQuil?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

And for the record, I eat turkey and cheese lunchables meant for my daughter on the reg during duck season.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Silliness

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I’ve probably slept in my boat upwards of 30 times, likely more.

I’ve never, and I mean never, woken up the way you describe.

I have stayed up all night running defense, I’ve passed out slap drunk, and I’ve woken up dry as can be on a tidal flat I was certain I was good on.

But never have I woken in a panic thinking another boat was gonna hit me.
    Do you make a habit of anchoring in a channel, cutting all your lights off, and taking NyQuil?
    I don't anchor in the channel but when hunting creeks I try to stay far enough off the bank that im not high and dry come shooting light. That one night I would awaken suddenly screaming wow wow wow! Scrambling for the spot light. I had a propane lantern hung on a pole to let other boats know I was there. Damn near had a heart attack hearing a boat runnning wide open in narrow water heading towards me. The damn wakes running over in the boat when they get up on me and throttle down. Never again!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 11-12-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Someone said earlier about people coming in right before shooting light. I do that all the time now. Fuck that sitting there for hours. I kill just as many ducks finding a spot away from the crowd before daylight. Especially when hunting bays. What's some bullshit is when some motha fukas don't shine you until you've got all your decoys out. I've had that happen numerous times. When I get to a spot I want to set up I shine my light in all directions, flash, etc for several minutes. Once I feel that I am alone I get set up. It's some
    Bs to see a light pop on right before shooting time that never shined me back before setting up.