Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tis the season

I love duck hunting, I don't miss sleeping in boats, and would probably stop if that was the only option I had.

Found a good bit of redheads and a few big ducks in a unusual place this morning...I might have to hang the hammock in the swamp Friday night......Yessuhhhh

Nothing beats the time that me and a buddy camped on the banks of a lake and had a pile of guys come beaming a light in our face asking if we had seen their boat drift by recently, It was about 3am. (Second Saturday of first split)

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDog View Post
    Found a good bit of redheads and a few big ducks in a unusual place this morning...I might have to hang the hammock in the swamp Friday night......Yessuhhhh
    Redheads in the swamp? Like Sparkleberry swamp?

Do you put Baileys in your coffee?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

On a river in between Beaufort and Myrtle beach

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post

A few miles inland

You just blew that spot

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    You just blew that spot
    Yup

You're not helping yourself, even being as vague as you are. A post like that is more than enough to energize the mudmotor masses to spook every duck within the range of a 6 gallon tank in search of yours. Wish I wasn't speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    You're not helping yourself, even being as vague as you are. A post like that is more than enough to energize the mudmotor masses to spook every duck within the range of a 6 gallon tank in search of yours. Wish I wasn't speaking from experience.
    Dang so all of the mallards in Dutchman’s creek flat are gonna get spooked off?

Just offering some of my experience from when I was writing English 102 papers, too. Hope you kill 'em though.

You got to Really want to go duck hunting to hunt back there on that shit hole. Went one time years ago. Got back there and had to get out and push my boat about 200 yards to the back. Me and a buddy killed four merganser hens out of 2 flocks that landed amongst our decoys. Ate a breakfast at the landing and ain't been back since. That was 15 years ago. Damn we did some dumb shit back in the day.

You got to Really want to go duck hunting to hunt back there on that shit hole. Went one time years ago. Got back there and had to get out and push my boat about 200 yards to the back. Me and a buddy killed four merganser hens out of 2 flocks that landed amongst our decoys. Ate a breakfast at the landing and ain't been back since. That was 15 years ago. Damn we did some dumb shit back in the day.

All this talk makes me love my aunt and uncle in saskatchewan more. Sleeping in the rain for 5 days just to kill a damn duck is crazy.

Take off hoser!

We camped and got the hole for the youth day last Friday. Plush sleeping in the boat. Air mattress, blind up, wind blockers, tarp on top and 0 degree sleep bags. We slept like rocks. Kids had fun. I have no issue doing it. I think I sleep better in my boat than I do in the house.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Went back home last weekend for my birthday and rode around that place at 18 mph with the new long tail. Saw maybe 20ish wood ducks flying around in there. Got some youngins a two man limit of teal, mallards,ringos and woodies on last years youth opener. That’s the only time I will ever hunt lake wateree.
    Last edited by DirtyDog; 11-13-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    We camped and got the hole for the youth day last Friday. Plush sleeping in the boat. Air mattress, blind up, wind blockers, tarp on top and 0 degree sleep bags. We slept like rocks. Kids had fun. I have no issue doing it. I think I sleep better in my boat than I do in the house.
    Was Avian blood shed?

Snacks and snacks and snacks. Throw in some late night target practice with the slingshot and skittles too.

Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    Just offering some of my experience from when I was writing English 102 papers, too. Hope you kill 'em though.
    I appreciate your concern but the landlords said that they rarely hear or see any duck hunters in my area of water. I guess I may have duck hunting Jesus watching out for me.